Special School Based PositionsDate Posted:
10/02/2021 Process for Applying: Online Application Updated: Resume 2 Letters of Professional Reference (within the last year) Copy of Certification or Proof of CredentialsSummary
Essential duties and responsibilities include assisting the Chief Officer with the distribution and collection of parish and state testing materials, the development of practice and ongoing, embedded curriculum assessments, and technical assistance to schools relative to these activities. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides staff development to teachers in grade level meetings
- Calculates preliminary results in state assessment
- Assists with the development of school improvement plan data
- Serves as members of Quality Support Teams
- Conducts observations of school improvement plan activities
- Serves as resource for civic groups, businesses, and community at large
- Prepares and submits state-required reports
- Demonstrates commitment to professional development
- Works with teachers to improve practice.
- Other duties or tasks may be assigned on an as needed basis.
Graduation from an accredited college or university is required. Louisiana type A teaching certificate is required. A Master's degree is preferred. Demonstrated effectiveness as a classroom teacher. Experience in the use of standards-based instruction and assessment. Knowledge of the state accountability model, the use of embedded assessments and progress monitoring, and interpretation of data. Knowledge about parish and state tests, curriculum standards and grade level expectations.
The East Baton Rouge Parish School System and all of its entities (including Career and Technical Education Programs) does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, national origin, disability or gender in its educational programs and activities (including employment and application for employment), and it is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of gender by Title IX (20 USC 168) and on the basis of disability by Section 504 (42 USC 794). The Title IX Coordinator is Andrew Davis, Director of Risk Management (ADavis6@ebrschools.org
), - phone (225)929-8705
. The Section 504 Coordinator is Elizabeth Taylor Chapman, Director of Exceptional Student Services (ETaylor@ebrschools.org
) - phone (225)929-8600