Operations/Supervisor Payroll and BenefitsDate Posted:
Central OfficeProcess for Applying: Online Application Resume 2 Letters of Professional Reference (within the last year) Copy of Certification or Proof of Credentials Summary Directs and supervises all activities of the Payroll Department including the preparation, recording and disbursement of all wages, salaries, payroll transactions, and liabilities including distribution of all payroll checks. Assists in the direction and supervision of employee benefit programs for the school system. Included in the responsibilities is assistance in the review, design, and implementation of systems to accomplish the payroll and benefits functions. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field with a minimum of 27 hours in accounting. A minimum of three years' experience in supervision of payroll and/or benefits in an automated system. Experience in working with microcomputer, electronic spreadsheets and database management programs. Proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Implements Board policies and procedures concerning payroll and employee benefit programs.
- Plans the operating activities of the payroll and benefits areas, and the formulation of future objectives, particularly those related to system implementation.
- Establishes payroll procedures and supervises the preparation of all payrolls.
- Establishes employee benefits procedures and supervises the collection and analysis of financial status.
- Prepares the Schedule of Time Reports and Payroll Check Dates and ensures payrolls are completed on schedule.
- Supervises payroll activities to process garnishments, tax levies, child support orders, and student loan payments.
- Establishes procedures to process payroll deductions, and acts as a liaison with vendor representatives.
- Establishes and implements special payrolls such as summer school, supplemental bonus pays, etc.
- Consults with legal counsel on payroll and benefits related litigation, and testifies in legal proceedings when necessary.
- Conducts training and informative sessions on payroll procedures and employee benefits.
- Prepares cost and statistical information on payroll and benefits as requested.
- Oversees the completion of special payroll/benefit requests such as unemployment investigations, social security requests, social services, and salary verifications.
- Oversees preparation of group health insurance reports.
- Oversees for the scheduling and completing of the annual group health enrollment for all employees and retirees, including employee communications.
- Assists the Chief Financial Officer in the annual renewal process for group health insurance, including the collection of information and review of proposals.
- Performs other duties as assigned
The East Baton Rouge Parish School System and all of its entities (including Career and Technical Education Programs) does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, national origin, disability or gender in its educational programs and activities (including employment and application for employment), and it is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of gender by Title IX (20 USC 168) and on the basis of disability by Section 504 (42 USC 794). The Title IX Coordinator is Andrew Davis, Director of Risk Management (ADavis6@ebrschools.org
), - phone (225)929-8705
. The Section 504 Coordinator is Elizabeth Taylor Chapman, Director of Exceptional Student Services (ETaylor@ebrschools.org
) - phone (225)929-8600