Classified- Secretarial/Clerical/Graphic Arts Production Assistant
Graphic Arts Dept
This position is responsible for independently performing the screen printing duties for the school system. The Screen Print Specialist will coat, burn, and reclaim screens, and make whatever adjustments that are necessary to the exposure units, press, and drying equipment to accommodate different sizes, colors, densities and thicknesses of substrates and inks used. The process of forcing the inks through the mesh created by the screen printer for each individual job must be closely monitored to ensure consistency of the print work from one article to the next.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Interacts with the Graphic Art Supervisor on matters such as scheduling, quality, ordering of supplies and record keeping as to assure customer satisfactions.
• Mixing and loading ink on to an M&R 10 color automatic sportsman screen printing press.
• Drying, folding, counting, and packaging screen printed items.
• Recommend tooling and material handling changes to improve work flow or safety conditions.
• Adjust machinery for optimum speed, registry and print quality.
• Properly using and maintaining all department tools and equipment, managing machine logs and coordinating maintenance and repair calls with vendors.
• Secures proper signatures on all printing request work orders as deliveries are picked up.
• Reviews and updates the status of assignments in the department's management information system, ensures that all orders are completed on time with the highest level of quality possible.
• Maintain neat and clean work area.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Graphic Arts Supervisor.
• Consults with co-workers as necessary on projects.
Qualifications: High school graduate with at least three (3) years commercial or in-plant printing experience. A graduate from high school and vocational technical school in graphic arts with two (2) years' experience in the Graphic Arts screen printing environment may be substituted. Responsible for the handling of printed jobs through all phases of production. Must be able to lift 50lbs and stand up to 10 hours.