Child Nutrition ProgramDate Posted:
Child Nutrition Online Application Updated: Resume 2 Letters of Professional Reference (within the last year) Copy of TABE/ParaPro scores or Proof of Credentials Summary
Performs all necessary duties involved in the preparation and service of school meals and sanitation of the job site. Any other additional duties may be assigned by supervisor. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs duties
- Practices correct sanitation procedures in preparing/serving food, cleaning the facility, using and sanitizing equipment, and personal grooming to assure that sanitation standards are met.
- Follows approved standards of sanitation for personal hygiene and grooming and performs personal grooming habits only in the rest room.
- Maintains recommended levels of chemicals used to sanitize utensils, dishes, pots/pans food preparation equipment, dishcloths, and serving counters and tables.
- Follows work schedules required to clean and sanitize utensils, equipment, and the physical facility.
- Prepares and serves food according to approved standards of sanitation.
- Follows established procedures to maintain an effective insect and rodent control system.
- Follows the manager's instructions in food preparation.
- Follows assigned production schedule.
- Organizes tasks when assembling food, supplies and utensils necessary to prepare recipes.
- Uses efficient work techniques.
- Uses all equipment correctly.
- Uses correct utensils for food preparation.
- Evaluates food quality during preparation and service using both subjective and objective indicators.
- Uses correct thawing methods.
- Follows manager's instructions in portioning, garnishing and serving meals
- Follows meal pattern requirements in serving student and adult meals.
- Uses correct utensil and serves correct portion of food with appropriate garnishes and in an attractive manner.
- Follows standards to check temperature of food and equipment.
- Counts portions needed and accurately reports amounts of food used, leftover food and milk by category to manager.
- Maintains required forms and records as assigned by manager.
E. Participates in implementing cost containment measures while maintaining quality.
- Assists with withdrawals menu pull sheets, inventories, plate count, leftover food lists, temperature logs, etc. as directed by manager.
- Accurately completes required forms.
F. Follows procedures for personal habits.
- Minimizes food and supply waste by following recipes and cooking at recommended temperatures.
- Utilizes work simplification measures
- Collapses corrugated cardboard boxes, rinses/bags tin cans and deposits cardboards and cans in appropriate receptacles for recycling at designated time.
- Use proper procedure for disposal of food waste so BOD reading are kept within accepted limits.
G. Demonstrates the ability to work with school community.
- Adheres to established personal hygiene and sanitation practices.
- Presents clean, neat appearance.
- Performs personal grooming habits only in the restroom.
- Adheres to established EBRPSS CNP Dress Code.
H. Follows procedures in personnel matters including grievance, leave, etc.
- Relates and communicates positively with students, co-workers, school staff and parents creating good feelings about the Child Nutrition Program.
- Accepts special assignments when necessary.
- Adapts and willingly accepts changes in routine.
- Listens and readily accepts constructive criticism.
- Displays initiative and enthusiasm about the job.
- Displays loyalty to school and immediate supervisor.
- Displays integrity, honesty and dependability.
- Maintains self-control over emotions.
- Follows school and departmental regulations.
- Performs responsibilities and uses correct lines of communication within the school and school district.
- Discusses complaints using correct chain of command, beginning with the manager.
- Displays willingness to upgrade job knowledge and skills.
- Attends and participates in job-related training.
- Applies knowledge and/or skills obtained from in-service training to performance on the job.
- Relates training to personal health and job responsibilities.
- Participates in job-related professional activities in School Nutrition Association.
- Follows standards of safety in preparing, storing and serving food.
- Performs basic first aid techniques in an emergency.
- Operates and cleans equipment according to acceptable procedures.
- Reports accidents and potential safety hazards to manager or immediate supervisor.
- Know how and is able to operate fire extinguisher.
- Uses, cleans and stores knives and small/large equipment items according to proper procedures.
- Communicates with manager, co-workers, students, parents, teachers, principals and others conducting business at school.
L. Maintains organization and cleanliness in all areas.
- Gives and receives information.
- Understands and interprets written and verbal instructions.
- Determines when an independent decision can be made.
- Cleans inside of refrigerators, freezers and milk boxes regularly.
- Cleans windows, walls, shelves, tables, chairs, bins, equipment, etc.
- Mops and waxes floors in kitchen and dining room.
- Stacks cases of goods in dry or refrigerated storage areas as designated by the
- Marks day, date, price of food on cases, cans and boxes. Withdraws food as
- directed. Places cans of food on shelves as needed.
- Scrapes plates, runs dish machine, empties garbage and trash containers.
- Keeps work area organized and uncluttered including drawers, shelves and tops
- of tables and equipment.
Ability to work well with others. Must have reliable transportation.
The East Baton Rouge Parish School System and all of its entities (including Career and Technical Education Programs) does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, national origin, disability or gender in its educational programs and activities (including employment and application for employment), and it is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of gender by Title IX (20 USC 168) and on the basis of disability by Section 504 (42 USC 794). The Title IX Coordinator is Andrew Davis, Director of Risk Management (ADavis6@ebrschools.org
), - phone (225)929-8705
. The Section 504 Coordinator is Elizabeth Taylor Chapman, Director of Exceptional Student Services (ETaylor@ebrschools.org
) - phone (225)929-8600