ADMINISTRATION- NONCERTIFIEDDate Posted:
Central OfficeDate Available:
11/29/2021 Process for Applying: Online Application Updated: Resume 2 Letters of Professional Reference (within the last year) Copy of Certification or Proof of Credentials
Under the direction of the Chief Business Operations Officer performs professional work in fiscal budget formulation and administration as a staff specialist. Work involves responsibility for assisting in the more complex phase of the budgeting process, including budget planning, preparation of budget manuals, budget preparation, review and insuring compliance with School Board and Federal/State statues and budgeting procedures. Work requires the exercise of independent judgment in accordance with established policies, rules and regulations. Work is subject to review through discussion and observation of results obtained.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists various departments in components of annual operating budget preparation. Reviews detailed expenditure, revenue, and estimated fund balance of budgets prepared by various departments or programs for Board approval.
- Provides comparative analysis of actual position control file and budgeted positions and expenditures.
- Prepare an inclusive report of all Board approved budgets in summary and detail, to include an comparative analysis of individual and combined budgets of the School System.
- Reviews budgeted expenditures of certain departments and programs to ensure compliance with East Baton Rouge Parish School System (EBRPSS) established policies as it relates to procedures, and departmental spending to ensure compliance with the approved budget at least annually.
- Monitor the activity of sales tax funding to ensure compliance.
- Prepare the budget and financial report for sales and use taxes granted through Propositions 1, 2, and 3.
- Prepare reports and present financial reports inclusive of proposed or revised budgets for Propositions 1, 2, and 3 at the semi-annual Oversight Committee.
- Reviews/approves expenditure requests, budget transfer requests for Propositions 1, 2, and 3 as required.
- Designs, sets up, and maintains computer spreadsheets for budgetary purposes.
- Reviews and makes recommendations of procedures and available budget software.
- Reviews budgets for grant applications; represents Business Operations at preliminary grants review and committee meetings as required.
- Meets with and explains budgeting procedures to department heads and project managers.
- Confers with of other agencies and departments about budgeting and other financial matters.
- Examines various financial documents, budgeting records, reports and related budgeting transactions for compliance with accepted budgeting methods and prescribed policies and procedures.
- Assists in conducting annual budget hearings for the purpose of recommending levels of funding for departments and agencies.
- Meets with and gives guidance to staff relative to budget policy and procedure.
- Assists with the performance of special projects and budget matters of unusual scope, sensitivity, or complexity.
- Reviews indirect cost rate for school system.
- Monitors the collection of property taxes from the assigned agency.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field; considerable professional school finance governmental budgeting or related experience; or any equivalent combination of training and experience. Minimum three years proven experience in governmental accounting, budgeting, or sufficient related financial analysis.
The East Baton Rouge Parish School System and all of its entities (including Career and Technical Education Programs) does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, national origin, disability or gender in its educational programs and activities (including employment and application for employment), and it is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of gender by Title IX (20 USC 168) and on the basis of disability by Section 504 (42 USC 794). The Title IX Coordinator is Andrew Davis, Director of Risk Management (ADavis6@ebrschools.org
), - phone (225)929-8705
. The Section 504 Coordinator is Elizabeth Taylor Chapman, Director of Exceptional Student Services (ETaylor@ebrschools.org
) - phone (225)929-8600