Licensed - Teacher on Special Assignment/Instructional SupportDate Posted:
Exceptional Student ServicesClosing Date:
11/25/2021 Additional Info: Candidate should have a background in teaching secondary mathematics and/or experience teaching math interventions. The position will focus on supporting special education teachers with secondary math content. Position is for 187 days plus an agreement for services for additional days to provide training to staff and support to the ESS Department as needed. Click here to visit our interactive map where you can find out more information on each individual school, such as highlights, school data, demographics and more. Aurora Public Schools Compensation and Benefits
Salary: See the teacher salary schedule at https://hr.aurorak12.org/teach-lead-inspire/teach/#licensed-salary-schedule
Days/Hours: as designated by the school. - Days: 187 day position (new teachers 190 day position) General Description:
- Effective teachers in the state of Colorado have the knowledge, skills, and commitments needed to provide excellent and equitable learning opportunities and growth for all students.
- They strive to support growth and development, close achievement gaps and to prepare diverse student populations for postsecondary and workforce success.
- Effective teachers facilitate mastery of content and skill development, and employ and adjust evidence-based strategies and approaches for students who are not achieving mastery and students who need acceleration.
- They also develop in students the skills, interests and abilities necessary to be lifelong learners, as well as for democratic and civic participation.
- Effective teachers communicate high expectations to students and their families and utilize diverse strategies to engage them in a mutually supportive teaching and learning environment.
- Because effective teachers understand that the work of ensuring meaningful learning opportunities for all students cannot happen in isolation, they engage in collaboration, continuous reflection, on-going learning and leadership within the profession.
- Effective teachers establish a rapport with parents, students and colleagues, and exhibit knowledge of the content of the subject area assigned.
- Effective teachers are responsible for using effective instructional techniques.
- Effective teachers maintain a positive attitude and perception about the educational task.
Education and Licensure
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
- Holds a Colorado teaching license or is currently eligible for one
- A completed Human Resources file including transcripts, student teaching verification, previous work experience
Endorsement Category Teacher on Special Assignment Strategic Plan: The teacher shall identify the development needs of students, shall maintain a productive learning environment, and shall work collaboratively to support the priorities of the Strategic Plan
Condition of Employment: As a condition of employment, the individual selected for this position will be expected to complete the APS-sponsored Linguistically Diverse Educator (LDE) Certificate Program within the first three years of employment. Click here to learn about the Culturally Linguistically Diverse Educator Certificate.