Provides leadership and planning assistance for student transportation services. Manages development of, and supervises safe, reliable, and efficient transportation service to Duval County Public School students. Provides a positive customer service focus to department, division, and the school community.
1. Serves as liaison with bus contractors, schools, parents, community members, and School District staff in planning and implementing student transportation services.
2. Researches and evaluates existing bus route infrastructure and associated costs based on ever changing demographics, program placement, student mobility; and district, federal, and state requirements.
3. Supervises and trains assigned staff, conducts performance appraisals, makes employment and discipline recommendations, and coordinates work assignments.
4. Monitors projects, analyzes route development, and oversees response to program changes for regular and ESE transportation services.
5. Develops and monitors after school activity and Team Up program routes.
6. Assists with development of and writing specifications for transportation services. Monitors contractor compliance with transportation services contract.
7. Serves as liaison with Charter Schools for transportation requirements.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university. Master's degree preferred.
Experience: Five (5) years experience and training in public school administration, and/or school transportation.
Certifications & Licenses: NA
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of the essentials of personnel management and supervision
• Knowledge of public school administration
• Knowledge of federal, state, and local statutes, guidelines, and policies related to school transportation services
• Knowledge of general business management, accounting, and contract management
• Knowledge of quality customer satisfaction practices and principles
• Basic knowledge of logistics management
• Strong customer service skills, including dealing with difficult people, finding "win-win" solutions, and providing follow up
• Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Strong word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software skills
• Strong problem solving skills
• Strong organization, detail orientation, and prioritization skills
• Ability to develop and establish research and evaluation programs for transportation services
• Ability to manage team activities
• Ability to work in a deadline driven and stressful office, with frequent interruptions
$49,000 - $75,000 / Per Year