A pioneer in K-12 education since 2000, Amplify is leading the way in next-generation curriculum and assessment. Our captivating core and supplemental programs in ELA, math, and science engage all students in rigorous learning and inspire them to think deeply, creatively, and for themselves. Our formative assessment products turn data into practical instructional support to help students at every skill level build a strong foundation in early reading and math. Our programs provide teachers with powerful tools that help them understand and respond to the needs of all their students. Today, Amplify serves five million students in all 50 states.
Amplify is a leader in creating immersive, rigorous digital learning experiences that look great, play great, and help students expect great things of themselves. Amplify has been described as the best tech company in education, and the best education company in tech.
As a SecOps Engineer at Amplify, you will join a talented team tackling the toughest problems in education with the best ideas in technology - including user experience, APIs and services, data analysis, and deployment pipelines. You'll play an active role in imagining and improving product design and the classroom experience.
We're looking for intellectual ability, flexibility, ability to learn, and commitment to working together in tight-knit teams.What You'll Do
Our DevSecOps teams build the tools that empower every engineer to ship code to classrooms quickly and reliably. You'll be a SecOps Engineer building and integrating the tools that keep our systems and data secure.
Amplify does not operate a NOC or SOC with "operations engineers" twiddling configs and monitoring alerts. Our SecOps Engineers take a proactive role in building best-practices and sharing that culture, including:
- Impress the toughest customers around - our fellow engineers that build customer facing applications.
- helping teams across the company create fun, compelling apps by designing tools, workflows, and culture to ship code from laptops to classrooms frequently
- Create best-practices to:
- Help teams meet the ultimate reliability and uptime challenges for digital tools by integrating security into
- continuous integration
- configuration and deployment automation
- Build data pipelines that respect privacy and ensure security while offering useful insights
- Learn every day by:
- leading collaboration, pull requesting, and mentoring on a cross-functional team
- participating in cross-team share-outs, brownbags, and workshop series
- Contribute knowledge and ideas to the Information Security Committee for the development of policies, standards, and best-practices
Example Projects You Might Work On
- Improve and participate in our security incident processes
- Building and improving an innovative deployment framework that abstracts over deployment strategies including AWS EC2, AWS S3, Terraform infrastructure templates, Docker, and more
- Managing a forward-thinking hacker engagement program
You Must Have
- Rolling out enterprise-level security intrusion and detection systems
Extra Credit For
- BS/MS in Cybersecurity, Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years of professional software security experience
- Demonstrated track record of using computer science and software engineering fundamentals
- Experience with access and identity management (AWS IAM, GCP IAM, Azure AD, etc)
- Experience with network and application security policy, practices, and implementation.
- Experience with enterprise-level monitoring/logging systems
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with agile development practices
- Experience with compliance frameworks
- 2+ years of DevOps experience with at least one cloud service provider
- Experience with tools we use every day:
- Build: Linux, Jenkins, Docker, Python, AWS CodeBuild/CodePipeline
- Storage: PostgreSQL, S3, DynamoDB
- Deploy: AWS (ECS, EC2, Lambda, etc.), Terraform
- Monitoring: Datadog
- Experience with tools we don't use, but should, and the wisdom to know when to recommend them
- Familiarity with incident management best practices.
- Proven passion and talent for teaching fellow engineers and non-engineers
- Proven passion for building and learning: open source contributions, pet projects, self-education, Stack Overflow
- Experience in education or ed-tech
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To that end, we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
Amplify Education, Inc. is an E-Verify participant.