Below is specific information for you to consider about this position.
Job Title: Security Monitor- Cityview Community School (Prek-5)
and Requisition ID number: 83467
Close Date: No established closing date; open until filled
Organizational Unit: Cityview (10000016)
Site: Cityview Community School (0290)
FTE: 1.0 FTE; 42 Weeks
; this is based on full-time equivalency with 1.0 being full time
Functional Area: Clerical
Resume and Cover Letter are mandatory to apply for any position. SUMMARY
Under general supervision, ensures school perimeter remains secure during operational hours, monitors the main entrance and cameras, and assists MPS staff to maintain a positive learning environment for students. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
-- Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents of this class. Employees are required to be in attendance and prepared to begin work at their assigned work location on the specified days and hours. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions, but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may
include, but are not limited to, the following:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Education, Training and Experience Guidelines
- Monitors building entrance, provides front-desk security; monitors building security cameras; registers and tracks visitors.
- Utilizes appropriate emergency procedures and determines appropriate role in emergency response situations; utilizes proper safety precautions in all work performed.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with students, clients, visitors, and MPS staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment
- Enthusiastically promotes the Superintendent's goals and priorities in compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Maintains absolute confidentiality of work-related issues, records and MPS information.
- At times may be required to work outside normal business hours and work extended hours to accomplish requirements of the position.
High School Diploma or GED; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience as determined by Human Resources. Skill in:
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Providing customer service
- Observation and documentation of suspicious items and activity.
- Performing duties in a diligent manner with attention to detail.
- Assessing emergency situations and responding according to established procedures.
- Working effectively with diverse groups of people.
- Following and maintaining safety standards.
- Following verbal and written instructions and procedures.
- Using tact, discretion and prudence in dealing with those contacted in the course of the work.
- Working successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
A valid Minnesota State Driver's License may be required.
Successful completion of Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) training is required within one (1) year of date of hire. PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Stamina to sit, stand, walk, bend, reach kneel and crouch; mobility to work in a school site, both inside and outside of buildings; agility to use standard office equipment and perform security and patrol duties; strength to lift and maneuver materials and equipment weighing up to 25 pounds; vision to read printed materials and computer monitors; hearing and speech to communicate in person, on the radio or over the telephone. Accommodation may be made for otherwise qualified persons who require and request such accommodation.
Final candidates may be invited to interview with a committee. Final appointment to this position will be contingent upon passing a criminal background check. COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY: Diversity is one of Minneapolis Public Schools core values and is essential to our goal of putting children first and making them college-ready. Diversity of our workforce provides us with a competitive advantage and allows us to better understand, communicate with and educate our diverse student body. Minneapolis Public Schools will not deny anyone the opportunity for training or employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender or gender identity, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, sexual orientation, age, family care leave status, or veteran status.Minneapolis Public Schools strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply.