Gov. Kate Brown has directed that Oregon will implement a legal requirement that all public and private school teachers, staff and volunteers must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
. "Fully vaccinated" is defined as 14 days after receiving all required doses of an approved COVID-19 vaccine (currently two shots of Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or one shot of Johnson & Johnson vaccine). All staff members will need to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Exemptions may be made only for eligible medical or religious reasons. There will not be an option to opt out for other reasons or choose testing in lieu of vaccination, under the state mandate. This is a full-time 1 FTE/8 hours per day position working on the CL-12 (12 months per school year) schedule.In order to support students and families, the essential functions of this position will require physical presence in the workplace. All public health protocols will be followed.
The purpose of this position is to perform skilled installation, maintenance, alteration, repair, or replacement of line and low voltage electrical systems, equipment, and fixtures in District buildings and/or properties. The incumbent in this position is required to hold an Oregon General Journeyman Electrical License and possess the necessary knowledge, skill and ability to effectively perform skilled assignments allowed by the license. The Electrician II position has emphasis on design and programing of electrical and low voltage systems.
Reports to and works under general direction and guidance of the Mechanical Division Supervisor and as assigned, provide direction and feed back to other district staff.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Read and understand any applicable article and section of the National Electrical Code, the Oregon Electrical Specialty Code and the Oregon Administrative Rules chapter 918.
- Comprehensive knowledge of electrical theory and methods of electrical installation.
- Ability to read drawings and electrical circuitry schematic diagrams.
- Ability to use tools and equipment as required in the completion of work.
- Knowledge and understanding of precision test equipment and ability to diagnose problems and check completed work.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations.
- Ability to communicate with District staff to determine electrical system's needs.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments according to severity of problem.
- Extensive knowledge of various manufacturers and available products for electrical systems.
- Extensive knowledge of low voltage wiring systems, layout, design, programming and techniques.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively and collaboratively with diverse stakeholder populations.
- Must be skilled in written and oral communication.
- Ability to operate and perform work using aerial lift equipment.
- Near-visual acuity, depth perception, field of vision and color vision as required to make electrical connections, solder and splice electrical wiring.
- Possession of active State of Oregon General Journeyman Electrician License.
- Four years of commercial experience at Journeyman Electrician level.
- Possession of valid driver license.
- Skilled in use of computer for word processing, spreadsheets, email, troubleshooting, programming and obtaining reports from programs.
- Bilingual proficiency and/or multicultural experience strongly preferred.
Additional Information Complete application in its entirety. Incomplete applications will not be accepted or processed, there are no exceptions.
We do not accept walk-in, faxed, or applications via mail. All applications must be submitted using the GovermentJobs website. It is your responsibility to submit a complete application. Submitting an application does not guarantee any candidate an interview. Candidates are interviewed by appointment only. If you apply to more than one job, an application is required for EACH job posting.ALL
required documentation must be scanned and attached in order to submit an online application.
Upon offer of employment applicants must obtain a fingerprint clearance from the Oregon State Police Department and the FBI through a process authorized by the Eugene School District 4J. Applicants would be responsible for the one-time fingerprint clearance fee.An Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
The Eugene School District 4J does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ancestry, color, national origin, gender, age, disability, marital or family status, sexual orientation, gender identity in admission or access to the treatment of employment in its programs and activities as required by state and federal law. If you have any complaints, please contact the HR Department at (541) 790-7670.
It is the District's policy to provide qualifying veterans and disabled veterans with preference in employment in accordance with applicable law. Applicants wishing to claim veterans' preference must provide the following military documents verifying their eligibility: Veterans :
A copy of the applicant's Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (a federal DD Form 214 or 215), which shows character of service upon discharge OR
a letter from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs indicating the applicant receives a non-service connected pension. Disabled Veterans :
A copy of the applicant's Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (a federal DD Form 214 or 215), which shows character of service upon discharge AND
a copy of the applicants veteran's disability preference letter from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (unless the information is included on the DD Form 214 or 215).For veterans' preference to apply, the required military documents must be submitted to the District at the time of application submission.
There are a wide variety of benefits to eligible Eugene School District 4J employees. These benefits include health, dental, vision, life insurance, optional life and disability, flexible spending accounts, 403B, and an employee assistance program.
Positions at a minimum of four hours (0.5 FTE) are benefit eligible. Please contact the hiring administrator if you have questions about this position's benefit eligibility.
For a complete description of benefits available for 4J employees please visit our Employee Benefits webpage at www.4j.lane.edu/hr/benefits .