Additional Locations Overview
Hamilton County Schools, located in Chattanooga, TN, is building the best school district in Tennessee. We are committed to excellence for every student and are seeking outstanding teachers with the ability to inspire, engage, and who desire to make a difference in the lives of students. With nearly 80 schools located in urban, rural, and suburban communities, we are confident that you can find your place in Hamilton County.One Family...One DestinyOrchard Knob Middle School
is located in the heart of Chattanooga, TN. We are a community school that is focused on college and career readiness. 3 PiWe offer extracurriculars such as Culinary Club, Robotics Club and Engineering Club. We are looking for high energy, dedicated teachers who want to inspire children to be thoughtful, passionate and brave individuals. offer our students after school programs and athletics, an eLab (digital fabrication), and dedicated administrators. Our teachers take advantage of professional development opportunities and opportunities for growth, while our administrators work to support them and listen to teacher voices while implementing their feedback.
OKMS is a middle school focused on college and career readiness. Our students enjoy college visits every semester in Tennessee, Georgia, and Alabama. In addition, our community partners assist us with this focus and we offer the following extracurriculars aligned with Future Ready Institutes: Culinary Club, Robotics Club, and Engineering Club.
We are looking for dedicated teachers who are experts in their content areas and who have a growth-mindset. We are also looking for teachers effective classroom management strategies and skills. Responsibilities Exceptional Education Inclusion Teacher
- Experience working with students with mild to moderate disabilities in a school setting; ability to co-teach by working side-by-side with a content area teacher to provide instruction and supports to students, and teach credit classes such as alternative academic diploma for students with mild to moderate disabilities; knowledge of upper level school subject matter; ability to work in a variety of inclusionary and pull-out program settings. Ability to teach developmental reading using research based materials that cover the NCLB reading components such as SPIRE, Orton-Gillingham and/or willingness to be trained. Follow Hamilton County Schools' instructional framework including:
- Ensuring Equity in Actions
- Setting High Expectations
- Building a Productive Classroom Culture
- Responsive Teaching and Learning
: Build a safe and productive classroom culture. Positive relationships are evident, procedures are clear, and the classroom is safe and secure for learning to unfold. Student and teacher interactions promote a growth mindset. Family & Community:
Develop strong relationships with students' families while diligently informing parents of expectations, positive news, and/or concerns. Provide opportunities for parents to be involved in their children's learning. Willingness to collaborate in building a strong school community and to foster a collaborative relationship with content area or grade level teachers, administrators, students, parents, and other stake holders.Professional Responsibilities:
Actively participates in system-wide professional developments offered by exceptional education and learning community with colleagues in order to improve teaching and student learning. Reflect on instruction and leadership while contributing ideas, expertise, and time to the mission and goals of the school. Knowledge of IDEA, current state special education rules and regulations, and compliance issues relative to programming, assessment and procedural safeguards for students with disabilities. If required, complete training in Crisis Prevention Intervention. Trained or willingness to be trained in Work-Based Learning opportunities if working in a high school setting. Qualifications
- Must be able to write and implement instructional appropriate IEP's leading to positive outcomes for students with disabilities and facilitate IEP meetings.
- Ability to design/write and implement transition programming for students with mild to moderate disabilities.
- Experience with administration and interpretation of standardized assessments and alternative assessments.
- Good organizational skills; good communication skills to facilitate teaching, assessment, meeting and data management responsibilities such as Easy IEP.
- Possess good technology skills to facilitate implementation of academic and/or behavior intervention programs and working with a wide variety of technology platforms.
- Willingness to work within programming areas as a collaborative team member.
- May include providing general physical assistance to students with various disabilities. Tasks will involve, but are not limited to, assisting students with toileting/feeding/other self-help and behavioral needs. Additional duties as assigned.
- Teaching candidates must hold a valid state of Tennessee teaching certification in Special Education (Endorsements: 105,144,145,460,461) If you hold a teaching license in another state, you must apply for a Tennessee teaching license.
- Candidates must hold a bachelor's degree.
- Conduct ongoing data collection on all IEP goals/objectives as indicated in the wording of each IEP goal, but at minimum 1 data point per goal per week. Place a copy of the data collection in the student's special education file prior to each quarterly progress report. Use the collected data to complete Progress Monitoring Data Points in EasyIEP and to complete the quarterly progress reports that are sent home to parents/guardians.
- Case managers and service providers will use the EasyIEP Progress Monitoring Wizard to graph at least 3 data points per goal per each nine week grading period. (The only exceptions to using the EasyIEP Progress Monitoring Graphs are Speech Language Personnel, OTs, PTx, and Audiologists who use Stellar Docs for Progress Monitoring. It is understood that service personnel using Stellar Docs will also enter data on quarterly progress reports.)
Salary is based on a combination of relevant education and experience.Salary ScaleThis position may be eligible for an increase in total compensation. The 2021-2022 Differentiated Compensation Plan applies to designated schools and hard-to-staff positions under the 2021-2022 Differentiated Compensation Plan. Please see https://www.hcde.org/staff/human_resources/differentiated_compensation for more details. Education Requirement
Bachelor's Degree Years Experience Requirement