POSTING OF VACANCYFalmouth Public SchoolsChoir Director
20% Teacher (Part-Time)
School: Morse Pond School2021-2022 School yearQualifications:
- Massachusetts licensure in secondary school music.
- Bachelor's degree or higher required with concentration in Music Education.
- Must be proficient on piano
- Such other alternatives as the Superintendent may deem acceptable and appropriate Responsibilities.
- Organize and conduct school/district related concerts
- Teach Grade 5 & 6 Choir
- Implement a variety of teaching techniques to ensure student achievement and eng a gement.
- Develop and implement curriculum objectives based on the learning standards of the curriculum frameworks.
- Maintain all attendance and grade records.
- Accept supervision and guidance from the Fine Arts Department Head and Music Curriculum Coordinator and building administrators.
- Use formative and summative assessments to evaluate students.
- Attend meetings and work as a liaison with the parent Booster group and assist with fundraisers as needed.
- Managing the content on platforms for communication and community relations, such as the school newsletters, chorus website and social media outlets.
- Continue to grow in the position through attendance at meetings, conferences, and seminars, through readings in professional literature and through enrollment in college or university courses.
- Such other responsibilities as may from time to time be assigned by the Principal and / or Fine Arts Department Head.
Fine Arts Department Head SALARY & TERMS:
In accordance with experience the FEA Unit A contract. APPLICATION:
Internal Applicants please apply until filled to:
Falmouth Public Schools www.falmouth.k12.ma.usPOSTING ID:
#Choir 22-1 Lori Duerr, Ed.D. Superintendent INTERNAL POSTING DATE: 11/10/2021EOE:
The School Committee affirms a policy which guarantees equal employment opportunity in the recruitment, application, selection, compensation, retention, transfer, promotion, benefits, work assignment and career progression process without discrimination for reasons of individual's race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, ancestry, citizenship, military status, sexual orientation, disability or genetic information.