WHO ARE WE?
Get to know Oklahoma Virtual Charter Academy (OVCA)!
K12 Produces Results
Oklahoma Virtual Charter Academy
Behind the scenes
A Day in the life
K12, a Stride Company, believes in Education for ANY ONE. We provide families an online option for a high-quality, personalized education experience. Students can thrive, find their passion, and learn in an environment that encourages discovery at their own pace. In support of this, we are committed to creating and maintaining a culture of inclusion and diversity where our employees are passionate about serving students and families, treat one another and customers with respect, challenge each other to innovate and always strive to do better.
Passionate Middle School Educators are needed at the Stride K12 partner school, Oklahoma Virtual Charter Academy. We want you to be a part of our talented team!
The mission of Oklahoma Virtual Charter Academy is to provide an exemplary individualized and engaging educational experience for students by incorporating school and community/family partnerships coupled with a rigorous curriculum along with a data-driven and student-centered instructional model. Student success will be measured by valid and reliable assessment data, parent and student satisfaction, and continued institutional growth within the academic community. Join us!
Special Education teachers provide instruction, support and guidance, manage the learning process, and focus on students’ individual needs as defined by each student’s IEP. The special education teacher is also responsible for the compliance documents required in serving students with special needs. This is a full-time position. Ability to work independently, typically 40+ hours per week is required. Ability to maintain a professional home office without distraction during workday, typically 9-5 (or 8-4) or as defined by the school. Essential Functions:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Implement instructional strategies that stimulate learning and increase student engagement
- Create instructional resources to meet the varying needs of students
- Collaborate with parents and colleagues to manage coarse goals, curriculum, and materials that enhance the learning experience
- Actively participate in Professional Learning Communities (or professional development)
- Host live synchronous sessions that promote a positive learning environment
- Analyze student data to prescribe remediation and enrichment as needed
- Participate in data analysis meetings to monitor student growth
- Collects data and work samples to support documentation of IEP goals;
- Documents all contact with parents, collaborations with general education teachers, and interventions with students
- Makes modifications and accommodations to K12 lessons and assessments as specified by the IEP
- Collaborates with general education teachers to ensure inclusion and success of student in the general education classroom
- Collaborates on all progress, semester and grade reports
- Provides special education services to students; supports general education teachers and parents with student accommodations to promote the attainment of IEP goals
- Communicates with parents and applicable related service staff to ensure that students with special needs are receiving the appropriate therapies
This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities. Minimum Required Qualifications:
Certificates and Licenses
- Bachelor’s Degree(s) AND
- Minimum six (6) months of student teaching experience
- Teachers with one or more years of teaching experience are required to provide past performance data.
- Teaching Certificate(s)
- Performance Evaluations
- Prior Year State Assessment Data
- Reference Letter(s)
- Appropriate state certification.
- Meets state’s NCLB’s Highly Qualified Teacher requirements
: Middle School Special Education Residency Requirement:
Must live in Oklahoma OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel at least once per month within and between assigned geographic areas to support students, attend regularly scheduled meetings, and participate in school activities, open houses and orientations.
- Experience working with the proposed age group
- Experience supporting adults and children in the use of technology
- An ability to learn new technology tools quickly (e.g., database and web-based tools)
- Ability to CLEARrequired background check(s)
- Experience working with the proposed age group
- Experience working in a virtual environment.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and tools
- Experience teaching online (virtual) and/or in a brick-and-mortar environment
- Familiar with Blackboard Collaborative or other online platforms
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is “at-will” as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the “at-will” nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer. Stride, Inc. is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status age, or genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- This is a home-based position