Administration/Leadership - Learning Services/Content Coordinator, K-12
Educational Support Center
Open Until Filled
SALARY INFORMATION: Level 12 ($70,533 - $103,622)
STANDARD HOURS PER WEEK: 40 FTE: 1.0
MONTHS PER YEAR: 10
JOB CODE: 071002 POSITION TYPE: REPLACEMENT
Location: Thornton, CO
SUMMARY: Ensure measurable improvement in and availability of best practices, research, evaluation and assessment systems that contribute to schools instructional achievement. Align content area's curriculum standards (math), instructional practices and assessments as necessary to achieve goals and objectives as established by the District's Unified Improvement Plan.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Respond to teacher, school, parent and community needs including informal requests. Supporting teachers and school leaders with questions and needs related to content-specific standards(math), curriculum, instructional design, and assessments, and actively partnering with community members and organizations. Work collaboratively with other content coordinators and district leaders to support and improve instructional practices and curriculum implementation.
2. Research best practices in curriculum development. Develop, design, adjust and implement curriculum resources and tools that support teachers in ensuring student mastery of the math standards.
3. Design or identify and implement subject area assessments in conjunction with the assessment department, ensuring effective assessments.
4. Provide staff development in best practice instruction specific to math as appropriate. Provide professional development support, training, coaching, walk-throughs with administrators and teachers to improve the implementation of the instructional programs and materials that support content curricula and district curriculum frameworks.
5. Support teachers and staff in effective use of curriculum documents as they design differentiated lessons for students. Support and instruct teachers in effective lesson design based on standards and examination of student data at the classroom level, adjusting as needed to meet student needs.
6. Plan and lead level specific standing committee meetings. Communicate information to all district stakeholders.
7. Research and coordinate the selection of instructional materials in identified content area. Oversee the process for adopting instructional materials.
8. Conduct program reviews, develop new programs and/or courses, and revise curriculum frameworks as needed to align with National or State Framework changes. Inform administrators and teachers about changes, best first instruction in the delivery, pacing, and implementation of the resources that are chosen.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
Master's degree required; preferred in math, elementary education or special education.
Five (5) years of experience of teaching in elementary math
Background and experience in curriculum writing preferred.
Last performance evaluation meeting or exceeding standards in all performance areas and overall performance.
Previous successful experience working with adult learners preferred.
Coursework in Linguistically Diverse Education preferred.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
Criminal background check required for hire.
Valid Colorado Teacher?s license.
Colorado Administrator License preferred.
Valid Driver's License
TECHNICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
SALARY INFORMATION:The salary listed is for full time positions (1.0 FTE). This salary will be adjusted, as needed, based upon the FTE. Administrative employees' salary will be commensurate on the employees' education and/or work experience. For additional information, please review our Administrative Compensation Program or review our Administrative Salary Schedule. BENEFITS INFORMATION: Adams 12 Five Star Schools is committed to providing an environment that promotes a healthy employee population able to serve our students at the highest level. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as other programs for benefit eligible employees. The employee assistance program, voluntary life insurance through PERA, and 401(k), 403(b) & 457(b) plans are available to all employees regardless of hours worked and are available immediately (upon hire date). To learn more about our benefits, including paid time off, please see our Benefits Overview. APPLICATION INFORMATION: All applicants (current district employees and external applicants) should list any and all work experience, including current district experience, when completing the employment application. Please include job titles and duties that you held while doing that job. Since the Human Resource department uses the application to screen for minimum qualifications required for each job, it is important to have a complete application so you will be considered for the position you are applying for. THIS POSTING IS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.
- Deep knowledge of the math content and standards.
- Knowledge of, and proven ability to, implement instructional best practice.
- Ability to design curriculum and assessments for math.
- Knowledge of textbooks and materials for math.
- Knowledge of standards based education.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to travel between district locations.
- Ability to make appropriate data based decisions.
- Ability to facilitate professional learning related to pedagogical practices.
- Ability to manage district grants and budgets.
- Excellent oral, written, and public speaking communication skills.
- Ability to use word processing and spreadsheets.
- High level of interpersonal skills.
- Ability to keep up-to-date technically and apply new knowledge to your job. Includes adapting to and mastering new system applications and processes as implemented by the district or department.
- Ability to promote and follow Board of Education policies, District policies, building and department procedures.
- Ability to communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively with all people including those from diverse ethnic and educational backgrounds. Willingness to contribute to cultural diversity for educational enrichment.
- Ability to recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, follow safety rules, practice safe work habits, utilize appropriate safety equipment and report unsafe conditions to the appropriate administrator.