Birmingham City Schools
2015 Park Place
Birmingham , AL 35203
Job Number : 2300227278
Open Date : 10/14/2021
Closing Date : Open until filled
The Operations Officer leads, and promotes, a culture and strategy, of continuous improvement throughout the district. Works collaboratively as a member of the Superintendent's Cabinet. Oversees all construction management, facilities, emergency planning and preparedness, energy management and conservation activities, maintenance, security, transportation, nutrition services and other operational divisions of the school district as assigned. Manages day-to-day operations and strategic initiatives across these divisions, establishing and maintaining coherence and collaboration, ensuring divisional supports meet stakeholder needs, meet performance benchmarks and align to strategic outcomes. The role requires dynamic leadership responsive to day-to-day issues while also continuing to build divisional culture and alignment to the strategic vision to meet short-term and long-term goals to advance educational outcomes for the students at Birmingham City Schools.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the following district services including Transportation, Child Nutrition, Program, School Safety/Security, Capital Projects, Facilities Management and Athletics.
- Oversees and directs a broad range of high-level projects including design, development, coordination and implementation of operational plans, strategic planning, select programs and policies to help attain institutional goals, activities and monitor and evaluate impact and outcomes.
- Collaborate with the appropriate personnel to identify school district needs using demographic studies, evaluation of historical data and curriculum plans.
- Works with the appropriate parties, as assigned, to prepare an annual, financially feasible school budget plan for Board review and approval.
- Coordinate the program outlay budget; administer distribution of funds for each department and monitor progress and accountability of assigned programs and services.
- Supervise assigned personnel, conduct annual performance appraisals and make recommendations for appropriate employment action.
- Prepare or oversee the preparation of all required reports and maintain appropriate records.
- Provide leadership and direction for assigned areas(s) of responsibility.
- Exercise proactive leadership in promoting the vision and mission of the District
Perform other duties/tasks consistent with the goals and objectives of this position, as assigned by the superintendent.
Duty Days : 240
Reports To : Superintendent
Salary Range: From/To : Schedule 64 Level 7 ($127, 748 - $148, 352)
For more information on this position, please read the full description document. View Attachment
The State does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religious preference, marital status, disability, national origin, or any other reason prohibited by state or federal law. Employees of the District are required to comply with the provisions of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act and Title IX of the 1972 Educational Amendments.
Alabama school boards are required by state law to verify the employment eligibility of newly hired employees by using the federal E-Verify program. New employees are required to provide a Social Security number, an unexpired identity document that contains a photograph, and other acceptable documents that establish employment eligibility. In addition to determining whether a new hire is authorized to work in the United States, E-Verify will confirm that the employee's name and Social Security number match.
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Alabama State Department of Education.