Below is specific information for you to consider about this position.
Job Title: Teacher, TOSA General Testing Coordinator (.4 FTE) - Folwell (PreK-5)
and Requisition ID number: 84356
Close Date: No established closing date; open until filled
Organizational Unit: Folwell Performing Arts (10000087)
Site: Folwell (0304)
FTE: .4 FTE; 39 weeks
; this is based on full-time equivalency with 1.0 being full time
Functional Area: Teaching
Resume and Cover Letter are mandatory to apply for any position. SUMMARY
Proctor, facilitateand coordinate test/assessment services; coordinate with the classroom teachers. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Plan a school year testing schedule to be given out at the beginning of the year
- Work with administration on dates and resources available
- Arrange for rooms or sign-up for computer labs as appropriate
- Arrange for and train test monitors
- Post schedule for both staff, students, and parents
- Receive, distribute, and return secure test materials
- Prepare computer labs for each testing session
- Work with Special Ed Staff on accommodations for students with IEP's
- Work with ELL staff on the ACCESS test
- Work with Social Workers on students who 504 Plan's
- Schedule students for each test
- Inform students of their test date, time, and location in advance of each test
- Inform teachers of which students will be testing and when
- Inform attendance office of which students tested and during which periods
- Track down students who missed testing and arrange for make-up
- Distribute test results to appropriate staff
- Test Coordinators are required to attend several trainings provided by The District annually including but not limited to:
- Assessment Overview & MAP Training - September
- Student Survey Coordinator Training - October
- ACCESS for ELLs Training - January
- MCA Training - February
- Test Coordinators must
- Attend trainings offered by REA
- Acknowledge receipt of District Virtual Test Coordinator Handbook.
- Obtain Agreement to Cover/Remove Prohibited Materials During Testing from School Principal.
- Obtain signed copy of Assurance of Test Security & Non-Disclosure from all staff who might have any interaction with testing and test materials. To cover bases, have ALL staff sign, regardless of testing involvement.
- Maintain security of all test materials and student privacy data.
- Set school Testing Schedule
- Overlapping test windows have been problematic.
- Reserve computer labs and classrooms as needed throughout the various testing windows.
- Train staff and parent volunteers.
- Obtain necessary materials (pencils, calculators, headsets, etc.).
- Work with IT Techs to ensure online testing software is up to date.
- Oversee administration of ACCESS for ELLs, working in cooperation with the ELL Department (Jan - Mar)
- Administer MCA test (Mar - May)
Microsoft Word, Excel, and merged documents Knowledge of:
Discovery.Net clerical/admin reports
AYP and MN graduation requirements
MAP, MCA, ACCESS, PLAN and ACT exams QUALIFICATIONS
• Valid Minnesota Teaching License
Final candidates may be invited to interview with a committee. Final appointment to this position will be contingent upon passing a criminal background check. COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY: Diversity is one of Minneapolis Public Schools core values and is essential to our goal of putting children first and making them college-ready. Diversity of our workforce provides us with a competitive advantage and allows us to better understand, communicate with and educate our diverse student body. Minneapolis Public Schools will not deny anyone the opportunity for training or employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender or gender identity, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, sexual orientation, age, family care leave status, or veteran status.Minneapolis Public Schools strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply.