Elementary School Teaching/Music - CoreDate Posted:
Riverside SchoolDate Available:
MID-APRIL 2022Closing Date:
until filledLONG TERM SUBSTITUTE ELEMENTARY MUSIC TEACHER AT RIVERSIDE SCHOOL from MID-APRIL 2022 TO DATE TO BE DETERMINED Position Purpose
To provide an instructional program that will develop students' understanding and appreciation of the art of music, including listening to a wide range of musical genres, periods and styles.
The music teacher will identify, promote and develop each student's talents in vocal and instrumental musical expression. Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Knowledge of current teaching methods and educational pedagogy, as well as differentiated instruction based upon student learning styles.
- Demonstrates a knowledge, understanding and application of music instruction in the curriculum (focus is on the John Feireabend method, Conversational Solfege)
- Develop student understanding and appreciation of music.
- Ability to play an instrument or instruments, conduct students in playing instruments as needed.
- Ability to instruct students in singing, harmonization, and chorus.
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
- Administers school music curriculum consistent with school district goals and objectives.
- Develops a balanced music program and lessons to organize class time so that students have adequate time for preparation, rehearsal, and instruction.
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student musical learning and progress, and modifies instructional methods to fit individual student's needs, including students with special needs; conducts individual and small group instruction as needed.
- Utilizes repertoire of all types of music literature, as appropriate.
- Plans, coordinates rehearsals for, and directs students in musical programs (including scheduled performances/concerts) and performances outside the classroom.
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping, grading, and reporting for all student activities, achievement and attendance as required by district procedures and applicable laws.
- Encourages parental involvement in students' education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
- Ensures that students align to the school's standards and school district policies, and establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to ensure a productive learning atmosphere during practice, rehearsal and performances.
- Coordinates with the Arts Program Coordinator and other professional staff members, especially within grade level, and participates in faculty meetings and committees.
- Creates learning opportunities where students can analyze and evaluate artistic expression both intellectually and emotionally.
- Reviews and implements modifications, accommodations, and intervention plans for all students both general and special education.
- Use of district-issued digital tools, specifically Google Suite, Schoology and others.
- CT State Certification Music PK-12 (049)
- Bachelors from an accredited college or university in education discipline applicable to teaching assignment.
- Master's Degree preferred.