Student Support Services/Speech and Language PathologistDate Posted:
Stratham Memorial School
Long Term Substitute - Speech Language Pathologist Position
Under the general supervision of the Director of Special Education to maximize the Speech and Language learning experience of students with special needs, in academics, interpersonal skills and activities of daily living by implementing district approved curriculum; documenting teaching and student progress/activities, outcomes; addressing students' specific needs; providing a safe and optimal learning environment. Essential Functions
- Conducts S/L assessments, testing and diagnostic examinations of students for the purpose of identifying learning issues, and recommending courses of action or corrective procedures to overcome issues and maximize learning.
- Participates in and assists in developing Individualized Education Programs ("IEP") for students.
- Assists students and teaching staff in implementing students' IEP's and action plans developed by the Child Study Team.
- Coordinates with administrators and other teaching staff members to ascertain individual student's communication abilities and needs, including students with special needs, and to familiarize stakeholders with speech language services.
- Serves as ready resource to students and parents to provide direct and consultative speech language services that will lead each student to increased personal growth, self-understanding, and behavioral management; serves as liaison between home and school.
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping and providing student information to prospective colleges and employers, as required by district procedures and applicable laws.
- Encourages parental involvement in students' education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.Additional Duties
Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Director of Special Education, Assistant Principal and/or Principal and other central office administrators as designated by the Superintendent. Equipment
Uses standard office equipment such as personal computers, printer, copy and fax machines, and telephone. Travel Requirements
Travels to school district buildings and professional meetings as required. Skills, Knowledge, Abilities
- Knowledge of Special Education principles, theories, testing, methods, etc. as well as proven methods of maximizing the educational experience of students with special needs.
- Knowledge of differentiated instruction based upon student learning styles.
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the formulation of action plans.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students.
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
Certification/License: NH Licensure as a Speech Language Pathologist
- Bachelors from an accredited college or university in education discipline applicable to teaching assignment.
- Masters Degree.
- successful prior SLP/special education teaching experience for the appropriate grade level preferred.
- Please apply online
- Applications will be considered only when a cover letter, resume, three letters of recommendation, certification and undergraduate and graduate transcripts have been attached to your online application.
Posted vacancies in SAU 16 have been approved by the School Board.
It is the policy of SAU 16 not to discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender identity, religion, national origin, color, homelessness, sexual orientation, age, or disability in its education programs, services, activities or employment practices. Selection Procedure
All resumes will be screened and selected candidates will participate in a thorough interview process FLSA Status: Exempt