The future of Texas and the world is in our classrooms. At Texans Can Academies, we are recruiting individuals committed to ensuring that all students are career ready. We know the choices facing today's well-qualified professionals and we are thrilled that you are considering Texans Can Academies.
We are currently looking for a Special Education Interventionist
to join our Fort Worth - Lancaster
campus. If the following opportunity sounds like the right fit for you, please apply.Primary Purpose:
The Interventionist will assist in the implementation of all campus instructional programs with an emphasis on the following initiatives: FIE and completion of Intelligence Integration.Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree from accredited university/Master's Degree preferred
- Valid Texas teaching certificate in Special Education required
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of station teaching and other co-teach models
- Knowledge and/or training in Feuerstein's Instructional Enrichment (FIE)
Major Responsibilities and Duties:Instructional Strategies
- 3 years successful teaching experience preferred
- Model FIE and Station Teaching in a variety of settings and formats to reflect the learning styles and needs of different students.
- Model best practices regarding instructional delivery and is a curriculum (the what) and instructional (the how) specialist.
- Collect and prepare differentiated instructional materials for classroom and/or individual student use.
- Collaborate in the development and implementation of all Texans Can initiatives: ICAN Instructional Model, My Course Can, Coaching, etc.
- Co-teach with faculty to model the use of intervention strategies in the classroom.
Consultation and Collaboration
- Utilize protocols to ensure intervention initiatives are employed with fidelity.
- Analyze student data to increase student achievement and teacher effectiveness by making informed decisions relative to intervention initiatives.
- Assist classroom teachers in understanding, creating and implementing formal and informal assessments to identify deficits of specific students or student groups.
- Maintain on-going data related to student progress and the RTI model.
- Provide school wide professional development in FIE, Station Teaching and any other intervention initiatives for learning.
- Provide school-wide staff development in F.I.E. with an emphasis on Intentionality (in lesson planning) and Reciprocity (meaningful student-to-student & teacher-to-student interactions).
- Keep informed of best practices and new developments related to intervention.
- Prepare monthly instructional calendars to establish school wide areas of emphasis.
- Provide instructional and mentoring support for teachers new to the profession on an individual and group basis.
- Conference with teachers to provide support for classroom instruction via our coaching model.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Working Conditions:
- Establish and maintain open lines of communication by conducting conferences with parents, students, principals, and teachers.
- Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues, students, parents, and community members.
- Use effective expressive and written communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Work with frequent interruptions, maintain emotional control under stress. Occasional prolonged or irregular hours. Regular district wide travel to multiple work locations as assigned; moderate lifting and carrying. Maintain emotional control under stress. Frequent standing, stooping, bending, kneeling, pushing, and pulling. Tolerate moderate standing, stooping, bending, and lifting 20 lbs. occasionally. Biological exposure to bacteria and communicable diseases.Texans Can Academies
is an Equal Opportunity Employer