Middle School Teaching/ Physical Education / Health
Roncalli STEM Academy
Additional Information: Show/Hide Job Title:
Physical Education Teacher - Limited Term Work Year:
165 days Department:
Teaching and Learning Services Reports To:
School Principal Salary Range:
Teacher Salary Schedule
Salary Range: $39,140-$86,060 Benefits:
Fringe Benefits based on PEA Negotiated Agreement Status:
FLSA Status: Exempt Teacher Innovation Zone (2021-2022 School Year) Be the change that you wish to see in the world. -Mahatma Gandhi
The Pueblo Innovation Zone consists of eight unique schools that provide some of the most challenging and rewarding work. We are seeking educators who are driven by a strong desire to positively transform the lives of students. Successful teachers will have the following characteristics:
- A passion for teaching and learning.
- The ability to develop meaningful relationships with students.
- Analytic and data driven problem solving skills.
- Strong classroom management.
- Interpersonal and cultural awareness.
- Belief that ALL students can achieve excellence
- A Growth Mindset is a must.
- Valid Colorado Teaching License within 60 days from date of hire
- Physical Education Endorsement or
- Teacher must be highly qualified in applicable content area through the following options:
- Endorsement on a Colorado teaching license
- 36 semester credit hours applicable to content area - Physical Education
- Passing score on a State Board of Education approved content exam (currently the ETS Praxis Series)
- Be eligible for a TiR or Alternative Licensing Program in content area
- Employee must complete a fingerprint-based criminal background check and must be cleared by the Office of Human Resources
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing, using proper grammar and vocabulary
- Support Innovation Zone Purpose, Vision, and Mission as well as the innovation components of the schools to which they apply (e.g.- STEM, IB, AVID, Blended Learning, etc.)
- 3-5 years successful teaching as demonstrated by references, evaluations and student growth data
- Experience implementing effective literacy instruction including foundational skills and comprehension strategies
- Experience using Common Core State standards to plan instruction.
- Experience with a blended learning model or a desire to learn
- Experience with AVID implementation or a desire to learn
- Experience in a Title I setting
- Experience with Teach Like A Champion Strategies
- Successful experience implementing strong classroom routines and procedures demonstrated by references and evaluations
- Experience with STEM based educational philosophy and instructional practices.
- Establish clear classroom routines and procedures that create a positive student-centered learning environment.
- Utilize data from a variety of sources to collaboratively plan and adapt instruction. Submit lesson plans for feedback and support.
- Implement evidenced-based instructional practices that build student knowledge and skills across a variety of content areas.
- Actively engage in the professional development activities to continuously improve practices.
- Maintain a professional attitude and work ethic.
- Communicate effectively and productively with a variety of stakeholders including students, families, and colleagues.
- Collaborate as a member of a high performing team to drive individual and school improvement.
- Utilize a standards-based grading protocol.
- Perform any and all other duties as assigned by Building Administrators
Employee will work primarily in a school/office environment with both natural and fluorescent lighting; fast-paced work; constant interruptions;Instructions for Applying
All applicants interested in and qualified for the posted position must submit an online application. Applications that are incomplete and/or not submitted will not be forwarded to the hiring administrator for review. The following will need to be uploaded with the application: current cover letter for the posted position; current resume; copy of principal/administrative license; copy of transcripts conferring required degree; copy of Place/Praxis test and three current letters of reference (one of which must be from your current supervisor). and any other materials requested on the application to verify that individuals are eligible for a Colorado License from the Colorado Department of Education.Please note
: If hired, a new hire packet will be emailed and must be completed prior to processing. Fingerprints will be required for all employees of Pueblo City Schools prior to your processing date.
Pueblo School District No. 60 does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, national origin, religion, ancestry, age, disability, need for special education services, genetic information, pregnancy or childbirth status, or other status protected by law in admission, access to, treatment or employment in its educational programs or activities. Additionally, a lack of English language skills is not a barrier to admission or participation in activities. The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Eric DeCesaro, EEO/Affirmative Action/Title IX/Section 504 Compliance Officer for complaints involving employees, and Aaron Bravo, Title IX Compliance Officer for complaints involving students. Both individuals can be located at 315 West 11th Street, Pueblo, Colorado 81003, (719) 549-7100. Complaint procedures have been established for students, parents, employees, and members of the public. (Policy AC, AC-R).
Si tiene alguna pregunta sobre esta información, por favor llame a la escuela de su niño.