Job Title: Coordinator of Site Interventions- High School Department:
Learning-Secondary Pay Grade:
Teacher's Salary Schedule Plus $8000.00 Stipend and 10 Additional Days, ESSER III Funded Position FLSA Status
: Exempt Reports to:
School Principal Purpose Statement
The job of Coordinator of Site Intervention- High School was established for the purpose/s of providing support to the instructional program by serving as a high school teacher with specific responsibility for developing student success in academics (e.g. Language arts, mathematics, science, history, etc.) or skills (e.g. Art, music, physical education, etc.); developing lesson plans and delivering group and/or individual student instruction within established curriculum guidelines; supervising students within the classroom and other assigned areas; collaborating with other teachers, other professional staff and administrators in addressing instructional and/or classroom issues; and responding to a wide range of inquiries from students' parents or guardians regarding instructional program and student progress. Essential Functions
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Implements attendance interventions for the purpose of increasing student attendance.
- Monitors data relative to at-risk indicators for applicable students for the purpose of ensuring timely and effective intervention.
- Collaborates with elementary counselors in identifying students entering middle school with at risk indicators for the purpose of proactively establishing relationships and increasing awareness.
- Aligns services with high school counselors and CSIs for the purpose of continuing the implementation of support strategies.
- Collaborates with teaching staff relative to the implementation of strategies for at-risk students for the purpose of providing appropriate support from multiple points of contact.
- Assists students and families in the transition between elementary, middle and high school for the purpose of improving the likelihood of success.
- Assists in various leadership capacities (e.g. Teacher Support Team, etc.) for the purpose of expanding staff capacity to apply intervention techniques.
- Monitors the attendance of applicable students and assists with appropriate discipline (e.g. truancies, tardiness) for the purposes of emphasizing the importance of attendance and removing barriers.
- Collaborates with activity sponsors and coaches for the purpose of increasing student participation and engagement.
- Supervises students as assigned during the school day and at extracurricular activities for the purpose of ensuring a safe and effective learning environment.
Education and Experience
- Job related experience with increasing levels of responsibility, required
- High school teaching experience, preferred
- Bachelor's degree in job related area, required
- Master's degree (or working to attain) in School Administration, required
Certificates, Licenses and Other Special Requirements
- Missouri Teaching Certificate, required
- Ability to gain and maintain "Highly Qualified" status as defined by Missouri's Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, required
- Background clearance, the results of which must be satisfactory to the District, required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of basic math, including calculations using fractions, percentages, and/or ratios; read technical information, compose a variety of documents, and/or facilitate group discussions; and analyze situations to define issues and draw conclusions.
- Knowledge based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: appropriate codes, policies, regulations and/or laws; age appropriate activities; lesson plan requirements; stages of child development; and behavioral management strategies.
- Skill to perform multiple, technical tasks with a need to routinely upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions.
- Skill based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job, including: applying assessment instruments; operating standard office equipment including using pertinent software applications; and preparing and maintaining accurate records
- Ability to analyze situations to define issues and draw conclusions.
- Ability to schedule a number of activities, meetings, and/or events; gather, collate, and/or classify data; and use job-related equipment.
- Ability to work with others under a wide variety of circumstances; working with data utilizing defined but different processes; and operate equipment using defined methods.
- Ability to work with a significant diversity of individuals and/or groups; work with data of widely varied types and/or purposes; and utilize job-related equipment.
- Ability to analyze issues and create action plans.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to apply critical thinking/problem solving to improve work processes.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality; set priorities; meet deadlines and schedules; work with detailed information; and adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to set high expectations for self and others; set and monitor progress toward goals; and utilize and offer effective feedback to continuously improve.
- Ability to work as part of a team; adapt to changing priorities; and apply logical processes and analytical skills.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Work environment is primarily inside, where the noise and temperature levels are moderate.
- The work is sedentary work which requires exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
- Must possess the physical ability to work primarily with fingers, perceive the nature of sounds, make rational decisions through sound logic and deductive processes, express or exchange ideas by the spoken word, substantial movements (motions) with the hands, wrists, and/or fingers, and discern letters or numbers at a given distance.
- Additionally, the following physical abilities are required: balancing, crouching, grasping, handling, hearing, kneeling, manual dexterity, mental acuity, repetitive motion, speaking, standing, talking, visual acuity, and walking.