TEXANS CAN ACADEMIES LITERACY COACH$60,000 for Certification in any Secondary Subject$50,000 for Non-Certified
An Additional $1,000 for a holding a Masters Degree
The future of Texas and the world is in our classrooms. At Texans Can Academies, we are recruiting individuals committed to ensuring that all students are career ready. We know the choices facing today's well-qualified professionals and we are thrilled that you are considering Texans Can Academies.
We are currently looking for a Literacy Coach
to join our Dallas - Oak Cliff
campus. If the following opportunity sounds like the right fit for you, please apply. Primary Purpose:
Coaches students in one or more content area to promote literacy development.
Qualifications: Education Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree, from an accredited college or university, with a major (or 12 credit hours) in English, Literature or a related subject.
- Cultural diversity awareness and the ability to work with diverse population.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Experience in using technology, preferred.
- Good organization, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Texas Teaching Certificate preferred
- Provide literacy and training activities.
- Collaborate with teachers, tutors, and instructional coaches to ensure high-quality pedagogical instructional literacy strategies are integrated into all core content areas.
- Provide support to struggling students in small group and one-to-one basis.
- Organize classroom and campus atmospheres so that they are conducive to student learning and achievement.
- Develop campus book distribution system.
- Monitor use of literacy resources used for Researched Based Reading Strategies.
- Able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- Able to help campuses develop a literacy library center for students to access digital and print resources.
- Partner with local libraries and librarians to increased literacy for students.
- Any other duties required.
Working Conditions: Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Work with frequent interruptions, maintain emotional control under stress. Occasional prolonged or irregular hours. Regular district wide travel to multiple work locations as assigned. Frequent standing, stooping, bending, kneeling, pushing, and pulling. Tolerate moderate standing, stooping, bending, and lifting 20 lbs. occasionally.TEXANS CAN ACADEMIES
is an Equal Opportunity Employer