The Math Teacher position is responsible for coaching, motivating and instructing high school students within the company model and with attention given to each student's Individual Graduation Plan (IGP). All for-credit courses are aligned to state standards and are delivered in such a way to engage student learning, and accelerate the accumulation of credits through a mastery-based educational model. In many respects, the teacher acts more like a coach and mentor in this environment and is specifically focused on ensuring the success of his/her students. RequirementsPRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND PREREQUISITES:
- Provide a learning environment of high student accountability that is student-centered and aligned with the school's academic goals and specified objectives.
- Provide instruction, direction and leadership within the classroom by displaying an effective working knowledge of the subject matter and by demonstrating best practices relating to teaching/instructional techniques.
- Assist in all initiatives to ensure school meets defined FTE enrollment and attendance goals.
- Maintain progress monitoring reports, attendance and behavioral records, academic grades, and other student records as required by state regulatory guidelines and company policy and procedures.
- Collaborate effectively and professionally with peers to develop, plan, and implement best educational practices based upon the individual academic needs of the students that are aligned with company goals.
- Participate in professional development courses or activities to maintain appropriate certification or credentials based on position.
- Facilitate Math Interventions as necessary.
- Perform all other duties as assigned, which are aligned in accordance with company policy and procedures to ensure student educational and behavioral goals and objectives are achieved.
- Bachelor's degree in Education or related field from an accredited college or university is required
- Appropriate Teacher's certification in Math 6-12.
- Knowledge of the principles of secondary education
- Knowledge of curriculum and instructional theory
- Knowledge, skills and ability to analyze and use data to drive program improvement
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Previous experience and/or the ability to work with overage and at-risk youth is preferred.
Opportunities abound at ALS Education LLC, a leading provider of non-traditional programming for students who are at-risk of dropping out of high school or who have already dropped out and are seeking a second chance. Serving students in some of the largest school districts in Florida, Georgia, and North Carolina, ALS Education LLC manages 21 schools (17 in Florida, 3 In North Carolina, and 1 in Georgia). ALS Education LLC is currently seeking outstanding teachers, leaders, and staff who are committed to helping our students aged 16-21 who have dropped out and need a unique learning environment to thrive and be successful.
Our schools provide students the opportunity to get back on track in their learning by building basic skills and meeting requirements for graduation. Looking beyond graduation, we provide extensive career and college readiness training to prepare students with the skills and planning for life after high school.
We have an increased need for teachers interested in teaching reading, math, science, special education, and English as a second language in an innovative High School Setting.
If you are seeking an opportunity to be part of a mission-driven organization and impact the lives and legacies of students and families, apply now!
- Growing organization with growth opportunities for interested and high performing employees
- Significantly smaller typical student load than a traditional high school (average 50 versus 150 in a traditional high school)
- Minimal daily lesson planning as the core curriculum is computer-driven
- Opportunity to spend instructional time supporting the individual needs of students
- Minimal non-instructional assignments (ie. no cafeteria coverage; afterschool sports or activity supervision)
- 401K with company profit sharing match
- Daily opportunity for additional hourly stipends for the extended school day
- Ability to support students from the beginning to the end of their journey (students don't change teachers year-over-year)