WHO ARE WE?
Get to know Digital Academy of Florida (DAOF) !
K12 Produces Results
Digital Academy of Florida
Behind the scenes
A Day in the life
K12, a Stride Company, believes in Education for ANY ONE. We provide families an online option for a high-quality, personalized education experience. Students can thrive, find their passion, and learn in an environment that encourages discovery at their own pace. In support of this, we are committed to creating and maintaining a culture of inclusion and diversity where our employees are passionate about serving students and families, treat one another and customers with respect, challenge each other to innovate and always strive to do better.
Passionate School Educators are needed at the Stride K12 partner school, Digital Academy of Florida. We want you to be a part of our talented team!
The mission of Digital Academy of Florida is to provide an exemplary individualized and engaging educational experience for students by incorporating school and community/family partnerships coupled with a rigorous curriculum along with a data-driven and student-centered instructional model. Student success will be measured by valid and reliable assessment data, parent and student satisfaction, and continued institutional growth within the academic community. Join us!
The Registrar supports school administrators by processing requests for both new enrollments and withdrawals, maintaining student files and records that are both clerical and academic in nature, performing routine administrative duties and facilitating communications with various stakeholders. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties
- Requests and tracks receipt of records for newly enrolled students; prepares mass data imports for new students within prescribed time frames;
- Processes student withdrawals; fulfills records requests for withdrawn students within prescribed time frames;
- Processesparent contact and data information changes;
- Maintains K12 and state student-level databases, including data entry;
- Creates customized reports for various departments as requested
- Creates and maintains student cumulative files and other student records; audits for accuracy on at least an annual basis; establishes and maintains secure access to student records; ensures proper disposal of student records;
- Maintains and scans received files
- Serves as primary point of contact for families, teachers, staff, and other schools in regards to accessing student information and records;
- Ensures that school personnel comply with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
This position may need to supervise temporary staff or records support staff in order to complete tasks and projects on a timely basis. MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Certificates and Licenses
- High school diploma or equivalent AND
- One (1) year of related work experience OR
- An equivalent combination of education and experience
: None required. OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Maintain confidentiality
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Professional experience using Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Experience using search engines (internet) for research
- Experience using a student information system and/or other type of database
- Detail oriented, able to identify errors in student data and information
- Able to multi-task, get tasks done quickly and accurately
- Customer service oriented
- Communicate professionally and tactfully through all communications
- Flexible, team-player; adapts to changing office environment
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word; familiarity with ability to enter and retrieve information from databases
- Has a willingness to obtain special licenses or certificates such as Notary, first aid, and CPR
- Ability to travel 10% of time for meetings, professional development, etc.
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs
- Ability to pass required background check.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working in a public-school environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is “at-will” as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the “at-will” nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.
- This is an office-based position. The noise level in the office is usually moderate (computers, printers, light foot traffic). Must live inFlorida.