Superintendent for 2022-23
Bensenville Elementary School District is seeking a student centered, community oriented superintendent who is an excellent communicator, has a record as an exceptional educator, and has recent and relevant experience working with diverse families. Located in Bensenville, IL Bensenville School District 2 serves a diverse population of more than 2,300 students from Bensenville and portions of Wood Dale and Addison through Birth-to-3, Pre-Kindergarten, Elementary, and Middle School programs. Students are served in three school facilities: Tioga School (includes the Bensenville Early Learning Center), W.A. Johnson School and Blackhawk Middle School. District 2 has earned a strong student achievement record as compared to other districts with similar demographics.
The district is guided by its mission to “Maximize the unique potential of each child by honoring a natural curiosity and igniting a desire to learn.” With a strong core education program, extra emphasis is focused on reading, writing, and mathematics. All students are provided with a comprehensive program that includes science, social science, foreign language (Grades 6-8), art, music, and physical education. District 2 offers full-day kindergarten for all students.
The Bensenville SD2 has some of the newest school facilities in DuPage County. Since 2012, the district has completed $80 million in facility improvements across three schools, all without passing a referendum. These newly renovated schools offer safe, state-of-the-art learning environments enhancing teaching and learning.
The vacancy is due to the retirement of the superintendent with interim superintendents serving for the 2021-22 school year. For more information about the district, see the district’s website at www.bsd2.org
Applicants for the Superintendent position should provide the following:
- Cover letter of application stating why you are seeking the job and why you will be an excellent fit for the district
- Full resume
- Full contact information for three current references
- A one page written response to each of the two prompts (one page per prompt):
- Describe how your leadership style and philosophy have directly and specifically impacted student growth.
- Our mission is: “Maximize the unique potential of each child by honoring a natural curiosity and igniting a desire to learn.” Share how you have demonstrated this in your current position.
Completed application materials should be emailed to John Perdue at email@example.com with Bensenville SD2 SEARCH in the subject line. Applications are DUE on or before November 27, 2021 with Board interviews anticipated in early December, 2021. Screening interviews begin as applications are received.