Student Data Systems Specialist (SDSS) (Split between Allegheny K-5/K-8)
Pittsburgh Public Schools
341 S. Bellefield Avenue
Pittsburgh , PA 15213
Other - Position - Non-Certified
Job Number : 4600239075
Start Date :
Open Date : 10/27/2021
Closing Date : 01/27/2022
The school-based Student Data Systems Specialist (SDSS) is responsible for school-level student data entry management within the district. This includes, but is not limited to student information management: enrollments, withdrawals, master schedules, updating student attendance, misconduct, emergency contacts, records requests, report cards and progress reports, daily reporting and student records (green cards).
Reports To : Principal
Secretarial/Clerical Salary Schedule - Level 7 (Starting at $2, 887.02 per month)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Work Year: 11 Months
A high school diploma or equivalent is required. In addition the following:
- Excellent customer service in an educational setting.
- Prior experience in an educational setting preferred.
- Proficient in student information systems/databases preferred.
- Advanced knowledge in data entry and reporting.
- Proficient in MS Office (especially Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook), as well as other software applications.
- Expert in time management and organizational skills with a willingness to utilize resources to achieve results in a fast paced every changing environment.
- A capacity to solve problems, to stay organized and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a team player and independently, under pressure with multiple competing deadlines, and with culturally, educationally, and racially diverse internal and external customers.
- Ability to proactively prioritize routine work streams to meet deadlines and achieve results with limited supervision.
Residency Requirements : City of Pittsburgh Residency Required
Essential Job Functions :
1. Function as a team player to accurately manage student data and produce reports while ensuring that all information is completed in a timely and confidential manner.
2. Collect, review, enter and process student enrollment information for students who are not enrolled in magnet schools and other programs.
3. Complete and process record requests for transferring and withdrawing students.
4. Maintain all student demographic information in the student information system and student cumulative green folders.
5. Enter and maintain the master schedule in the student information systems as provided by the school administrator for all students.
6. Maintains accurate student attendance records through recording tardiness and early dismissals; may be asked to enter daily student attendance record in the absence of the regular teacher.
7. Coordinate and implement the processes involved in generating and disseminating interim reports and report cards for students.
8. Run weekly reports in the student information system to monitor errors in student enrollment, withdrawal, graduation, drop-out records to ensure data is accurate and in compliance for district, state, and federal reporting.
9. Produce reports within district authorized information systems.
10. Participate in mandatory professional development and trainings.
11. Provide a high level of customer service to all staff, students, and parents.
12. Communicate effectively and confidentially at all levels, over the phone, face-to-face, in written form, and by email.
13. Serve as a backup to assist with basic secretarial office duties in the absence of the School Secretary or Secretarial Temp.
14. Other duties as assigned relevant to student data system specialist responsibilities.
Additional Job Information :
Physical Demands: This position is primarily sedentary in nature. Employee will be required to operate computer system for data entry, and have the ability to complete necessary paperwork. This position requires minimum physical effort and not subjected to Occupational Health and Safety risks.
1. Indoors in busy office, working in close proximity to co-workers
2. Frequently required to work at fast pace and in a timely manner to meet mandated timelines
3. Requires considerable concentration and creativity.
4. Subject to stress caused by a changing environment, diversity in the organization, tight deadlines and work load.
ADA: The employer will make reasonable accommodation in compliance with the
American with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The Pittsburgh Public Schools (PPS) does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, creed, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin, marital status, pregnancy or disability in its programs, activities, career and technical education programs or employment and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. It is the policy of the Pittsburgh School District to make all services, programs and activities available and to provide reasonable accommodations to persons with disabilities. Please make requests for accommodations at least 72 hours before the scheduled event. For more information regarding accommodations, civil rights grievance procedures, please contact Employee Relations, Office of Human Resources, 341 S. Bellefield Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15213 or 412-529-HELP (4357).