Certified School Nurse (CSN)Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Must be licensed as a registered nurse in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- School Nurse Certification from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Using the nursing process to oversee and/or provide medical and nursing care to the school community in accordance with current medical practice and nursing standards, relevant statutes, and regulations.Responsibilities:Develops and maintains a comprehensive school health services program for students following relevant state statutes and guidelines.
- In collaboration with the Director of Pupil Services, provides clinical supervision to the School Practical Nurse.
- Use collected data to help plan and evaluate the school health program.
- Compiles and submit student health government reports including the SHAARS report and applicable PIMS reports.
Facilitates an organized system of coordinated care for students
- Maintains student comprehensive health records on each child and records of school nursing services including collecting student immunization records and emergency contact forms.
- Performs and/or oversees mandate screenings and completes student referrals and follow-up where applicable.
- Coordinates and oversees Section 504 plans, Individual Health Plans, and Emergency Care plans for students with specialized health needs.
- Coordinates, oversees, and reports Homebound Instruction for students on temporary medical leave.
- Maintains contact with parents/guardians for the purpose of advising them of changes in student health.
- Refers students requiring additional medical attention for the purpose of providing required follow-up treatment and services.
- Provides training on a variety of health related subjects including the specific health needs of students with chronic health needs that may require staff involvement.
Provides direct services to students in accordance with current medical practice and relevant statues and regulations.
- Manages and controls acute and chronic disease. Carries out procedures for the control of communicable disease in collaboration with the PA Department of Health.
- Administers first aid for illness or injury to students and staff. Completes incident reports for student injuries and other serious health related issues.
- Administers medications and performs procedures according to physician orders and charter school procedures. Ensures physician orders for individual student medications and/or treatments comply with requirements for administration.
Promotes a safe and health school environment.
Terms of Employment:
- Plans for first aid services and instructs staff responsible for giving first aid.
- Promotes good safety practices within and outside of school buildings.
- Collaborates and actively participates in the Student Assistance Program, the School Wellness committee, and other student health related teams.
- Evaluate work related injuries of staff members and file necessary occupational health paperwork.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding school/workplace matters.
- Demonstrates ethical behavior in all aspects of student health and professional work.
- Participates in professional development opportunities.
- Performs related work as required.
Twelve (12) months. Contract terms and salary to be determined by the Board of Trustees.