Burligton School District
Elementary Behavior Interventionist
Edmunds Elementary School is seeking candidates to provide support for students who have experienced trauma and ongoing behavioral challenges in the K-5 learning environment. These individuals will provide support a variety of students throughout the school day and will be part of the planning/behavioral support staff. Targeted professional development training will be provided.
UNDER SUPERVISION OF: Director of Special Education/Designee
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
1. Demonstrate an understanding, patient, and receptive attitude toward students of varied age groups, and varied disabilities.
2. Model appropriate behavioral interventions.
3. Communicate effectively in oral and written form.
4. Perform routine clerical tasks and operate a variety of educational and office related machines and equipment.
5. Learn to create, modify and utilize a variety of appropriate instructional materials and procedures in the enhancement of a training and educational environment.
6. Understand and carry out oral and written directions.
7. Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students and adults.
8. Work with the IEP team in the development and implementation of data collection systems, as well as assist in the analysis and interpretation of the results of the data collection in order to evaluate student performance and progress, the effectiveness of interventions, strategies and support, and contribute to future plans.
9. Assist the building based administrator with behavior support.
10. Implement Behavior Strategic Plan/Behavior Intervention Plan and prescribed behavior strategies.
11. Ability and willingness to work with students who have special needs and/or aggressive behaviors
12. Consult and collaborate with site and district staff as needed. 1
13. Maintain appropriate documentation, records, and reports.
14. Must be able to meet and interact with employees and parent/guardians in routine situation, which require tact, discretion and courtesy.
15. Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or equivalent. Must have the ability to pass the Paraeducator/Instructional Aide exam or have completed two years of study at an institute of higher education or have an Associate of Arts (AA) degree or higher. Experience working in an educational setting implementing intensive behavioral intervention programs for students with complex and/or severe behavioral problems.
Edmunds Elementary School
$21.00 - $21.00 / Per Hour