Paraprofessionals/Non-Instructional Support ParaprofessionalDate Posted:
Sheridan Elementary School Paraprofessional--Cafeteria Qualifications:
- Minimum of a high school diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Valid Act 34, 114, and Act 151 clearances.
- Valid tuberculosis test and physical examination with ADA reasonable accommodations stipulated, as appropriate.
- U. S. citizen or holder of a valid work visa.
- Such additional or alternatives to the above qualifications as the board or superintendent may determine appropriate and acceptable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Summary
Assists in providing a safe, supportive atmosphere and environment for students in cafeterias, playgrounds, bus areas and other settings as assigned by the principal. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the principal in maintaining a safe and orderly, but non-oppressive, environment in the cafeteria and on school property and grounds.
- Assist the principal in developing appropriate social behavior in the cafeteria and on school property and grounds.
- Respond appropriately to emergency situations as per standing orders and other policies and procedures.
- Performs such other tasks and assumes such other responsibilities as may be assigned or delegated by the Superintendent of Schools or principal.
Share in our community! Grow with our students! Join our district today and be a part of our future!
The Allentown School District is committed to excellence! The richness of The Allentown School District's diversity is strengthened by its central role in educating our students for America's future through academic excellence and celebrating the culturally responsive, athletic and artistic range of talent in the schools. ASD students originate from 51 countries and speak 26 languages.
The Allentown School District offers a comprehensive benefits package to those who qualify.
This may include*
o Medical Insurance
o Dental Insurance
o Vision Reimbursement
o Tuition Reimbursement
o Personal and Sick time
o PSERS Retirement Fund
*Eligibility for specific benefits will be outlined in each labor group's specific collective bargaining agreement.
For more information on this position, please read the full description document.