TRANSPORTATION PROGRAM COORDINATOR - YES PREP SYSTEM OFFICE POSITION:
Transportation Program Coordinator REPORTS TO:
Director of Transportation POSITION TYPE:
12-month employee START DATE:
Immediate Hire COMPENSATION:
$19.17 - $24.00 THE CHALLENGE
Across the nation, only half of all students from low-income communities graduate from high school and only 10% earn a college degree. ?Even though 85% of our students are economically disadvantaged,? YES Prep ? provides evidence that different outcomes are possible. Eighty-seven (87%) of YES Prep alumni matriculate to college within one year and alumni like? Eddie Zapata are earning their college degrees at? five ?times the rate of their peers with similar socioeconomic backgrounds. How do we do this? ?Each of YES Prep's? 19 campuses ? serves 6th-12th graders like? Monique Bowie . Students typically enter YES Prep one or more grade levels behind, but quickly find themselves on a different life trajectory. This is a result of transformative relationships with teachers and leaders, and access to excellent educational opportunities.
As the first minority-majority city, Houston's schools cannot keep up with demand from students like Eddie and Monique. Houston is the 4th largest city (on track to become the 3rd), and this booming population translates into 2,000 families on YES Prep's waitlist. YES Prep's student enrollment is estimated to grow 31% between now and 2023 (from just over 13,000 students currently to 17,000). THE OPPORTUNITY
YES Prep needs a dynamic Transportation Program Coordinator, with a diverse set of experiences, to make our mission a reality. As a YES Prep employee, you will achieve jaw-dropping results, create pathways to opportunity for our students, build transformative relationships, and eliminate educational inequities to advance social justice.
To put it simply, you will help create and implement seamless operations that support opportunities for learners in pursuing their college and career pathways. THE ROLE
When you join the YES Prep team, some of the exciting work and responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Director of Transportation to route and schedule home to school routes for the district
- Compiling and updating route sheets, as well as making all necessary adjustments to routes for MV students, SpEd students and parent stop change requests
- Assisting the Director of Transportation in managing the field trip management software for the district to ensure seamless communication and trip execution
- Overseeing quarterly bus counts for state reporting, which includes scheduling the counts, preparing the necessary documents for campuses, compiling data from the counts and analyzing to suggest possible route consolidation
- Reviewing and reconciling monthly field trip invoices with the aging report to ensure timely payments to transportation vendors
- Conducting monthly campus visits to assist Directors of Campus Operations at arrival or dismissal to ensure on time and compliant performance from transportation vendors
- Assisting the Director of Transportation to organize district-wide events, such as the College Fair, Junior Spring Trips, Affinity Summits and Senior Signing Day
- Organizing and updating information quarterly for Standard Operating Procedures
- Analyzing data from First View to improve vendor performance and enhance the transportation experience for families
- Pulling and viewing bus footage as necessary to ensure student and driver safety
- Maintaining all necessary transportation records and files
- Attending transportation and other professional development opportunities
- Additional duties as assigned
We seek staff with diverse backgrounds, talents, interests, and ideas. Certain traits consistently shine through for our most successful employees: passion for the mission, drive for results, care for students, resilience, and humility
. Other traits needed and desired for this role are: THE MUST HAVES
THE NICE TO HAVES
- At least 2 years of an exemplary record working in a fast-paced office environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Excellent organizational and people skills, including time management and follow up
- Reliable transportation (mileage is reimbursed)
- Flexible work hours between 7 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Associate Degree
- At least 2 years working in school transportation
- Compensation - This position is a non-exempt, hourly position; offers commensurate with experience.
- Health and Supplemental Insurance ?- A $10 monthly medical option that includes $600 towards a Health Savings Account, in addition to a variety of supplemental benefits including Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, etc. Employees must work 20+ hours a week to be eligible for a full spectrum of benefits, and 10 hours a week minimum for medical benefits.
- Retirement Plans - Participation in Teacher Retirement System of Texas and a 457b Retirement Plan.
- Paid Time Off ?- Employees working 20+ hours a week receive 15 days of Paid Time Off in addition to the system closures during the Academic Calendar .
Please note, part-time hourly employees (working fewer than 40 hours/week) do not receive pay during system closures. Additionally, 10- and 11-month hourly employees do not receive pay during the months in which they are not working.
- Paid Leave Programming - In the event you need to be out due to medical needs (including maternity and paternity leave), YES Prep offers paid leave, paid out at 100%, based on eligibility and tenure.
- Professional Development - YES Prep values longevity and performance over time. We invest in developing leaders through high-quality programs, effective coaching, and ongoing professional development .
WE ARE DEEPLY COMMITTED TO EQUITY & DIVERSITY
- Award Winning Culture ? - The strong cultures of our campuses and Home Office are just one of many reasons we were named Houston's Best Place to work in 2018 and 2019. We won the? 2012 Broad Prize for Excellence in Urban Education? and were a 2016 finalist as well.
YES Prep strives to recruit a diverse team of leaders. We believe there is a transformative academic and social benefit for students when their teachers and leaders reflect a diversity of backgrounds. Ninety-five percent (95%) of staff members agree that the organization provides a welcoming environment given their background and identity according to our latest system survey.?
YES Prep is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or parenthood. THE NEXT STEPS
If this sounds like your just right job, apply today!?
If you are not sure this opportunity is for you, are simply curious, or know someone who would be perfect, please reach out to our Talent team to be connected to a recruiter by filling out this form . Type :
INTERNAL & EXTERNALLocation :
TRANSPORTATIONJob Family :
OPERATIONSPosting Start :
10/19/2021Posting End :