Episcopal Day is seeking an engaging, creative and innovative team member who will support our students and parents to carry forth the Episcopal tradition, Mission, Philosophy, and Core Values of our school. Episcopal Day is an equal opportunity employer.
- Model the school’s philosophy in working with students, parents, colleagues, and administration
- Work with the Middle School Director and Science Department to carry out the academic program: curriculum development and implementation, classroom management, student assessment, and parent communication
- Teach Science classes of approximately 18 students
- Demonstrate professionalism, including discretion, judgment, and integrity
- Collaborate with department colleagues, as well as work closely with other Middle School faculty around teaching and learning
- Facilitate the emotional and social development of each student, which includes leading an advisory of approximately 12 students
- Support students in achieving their full potential of development and growth, through observation of students’ behavior and needs, and consult with the School Counselor and the Director of Learning Services as needed
- Calculate and report grades in real-time
- Write narrative progress reports to accompany grades at the end of each semester, and facilitate student-parent-teacher conferences
- Attend and participate in the following: chapels, faculty in-service meetings, student assemblies, and other school functions, as requested
- Attend weekly faculty meetings and actively participate in curricular discussions
- Participate in professional development opportunities and keep current on educational issues and trends
Qualifications and Salary
A love for Science and middle school students is a must. A minimum of two years prior experience in a Math and/or Science classroom is essential. A master’s degree and California or other state teaching credentials are preferred, but not required.
Episcopal Day School offers a generous benefits package, is committed to equitable hiring practices, and enthusiastically encourages professionals of all backgrounds to apply. Candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Middle School Science Teacher”.
Episcopal Day School Mission Statement
The School’s mission is to inspire, through an academically challenging course of study, the intellectual curiosity, confidence, moral courage, and character that prepare students to be leaders of positive change in the world.