Paraeducator/CLAS - 7320 - KINDERGARTEN PARAEDUCATORDate Posted:
CASSIDY ELEMENTARYDate Available:
21/22 School YearClosing Date:
Assist a certified teacher in providing instruction to individual or small groups; monitor and report student progress. Job Summary:
- Tutor individuals or small groups of students reinforcing and implementing instruction as directed by the teacher; maintain records of student progress.
- Participate as member of an instructional team including remediation teams; develop appropriate relationships with parents and team members; serve as a resource person to the student personnel evaluation team.
- Transport students to and from activities and assist in preparation as required.
- Prepare and organize lessons as directed by the teacher; administer and score a variety of tests according to established guidelines; assist in determining English proficiency of identified students.
- Assist in administering diagnostic and other tests; score and record test information; read, understand and assist in implementing, recording and monitoring student's IEP as necessary.
- Monitor and report behavior of students according to approved procedures; report progress regarding student performance and behavior; check and assist students with lab work as necessary.
- Perform routine clerical duties such as preparation of instructional and classroom materials; operate copy machines; maintain classroom records; maintain attendance records.
- Provide support to the teacher by setting up work areas, displays and exhibits, operating audio-visual equipment, operating educational training equipment and distributing and collecting paper and supplies.
- Assist in overseeing students while in labs or other activities; provide for supplies inventory as necessary.
- Assist students in such physical tasks as putting on and taking off of outer wear, moving from room to room, using the lavatory and others; assist student in getting on and off the bus.
- Assist students by providing proper examples, emotional support, a friendly attitude and general guidance.
- Confer, as needed, with teachers concerning programs and materials to meet student needs.
- Contact parents of students who are absent; make home visits as necessary.
- Assure the health and safety of students by following health and safety practices and regulations.
- Direct group activities of students as assigned; assist in monitoring lunchroom and playground activities as assigned; assist in emergency drills, assemblies, play periods and field trips.
- Participate in meetings and in-service training programs as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain regular attendance.
Minimum 48 college credit hours or successful completion of the Kentucky Paraeducator's Assessment or completion of an Associates Degree and experience working with youth in an organized setting and some instructional experience in a classroom environment working with children and parents with special needs, multicultural and multi-ethnic backgrounds.
- Basic subjects taught in the District schools, including arithmetic, grammar, spelling, language and reading.
- Safe practices in classroom and playground activities.
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Basic record-keeping techniques.
- Learn child guidance principles and practices.
- Communicate and maintain effective relationships with students, parents, staff and the public including members of ethnic communities.
- Perform routine clerical duties in support of classroom activities.
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide quickly and accurately.
- Print and write legibly.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Learn procedures, functions and limitations of assigned duties.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Learn to apply and explain policies and procedures related to school and program activities.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Monitor, observe and report student's behavior according to approved policies and procedures.
- Operate instructional and office equipment.
- Work is performed while standing, sitting and/or walking.
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing.
- Requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations.
- Requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching.
- Requires the ability to lift, carry, push or pull light weights, up to 30 pounds.
Apply online Selection Procedure:
Contact: Jill Hill (firstname.lastname@example.org)