Licensed Elementary School Teaching/Magnet Program SpecialistDate Posted:
Garden Hills AcademyDate Available:
Now or August 2022District:
Champaign Community School District #4 - website Our Mission
- Positively transforming learning and life outcomes for students through educational justice, equity, and excellence.
- Illinois Professional Educator License with general education endorsement
- Minimum of five (5) years successful classroom teaching experience
- Successful experience working with diverse student populations and with using a variety of resources to meet student needs
- Well versed in effective, research-based instructional strategies
- Can effectively model, observe, and conference with colleagues
- Knowledge of adult learning theory and its application to practice
- Knowledge of data collection, analysis, and usage to ensure high fidelity implementation of instruction and intervention
- Master's Degree or National Board Certification (preferred)
- Successful teaching experience with the building's magnet theme (preferred)
- The salary for this position is determined based on the Collective Bargaining Agreement with the Champaign Federation of Teachers, which is available on our website. The District gives experienced teachers up to 21 years of experience credit for service outside the District. New teachers may request up to $2,000 as a salary advance to help with relocation expenses or other needs. 100% of a teacher's contributions to TRS are currently paid by the Board of Education. The Board also pays 100% of a teacher's employee-only health, dental, vision, and term life insurance. There are many opportunities for teachers to earn substantial additional compensation (stipends, differentials, extra duty pay, etc.) during the regular school year and in the summer.
- The District offers an additional $1,500 annual stipend for Teachers who hold a national board certification from the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards.
- This position will remain posted until the hiring process is complete; however, interviews may be conducted anytime after October 19, 2021, so interested applicants should submit their materials ASAP to ensure consideration.
More About Our Community
- This candidate will support the school's implementation of its Magnet theme.
- The District is willing to consider candidates who can begin work immediately as well as those who can begin work next school year. If a candidate is hired to begin immediately, they will be considered an "Interim" hire. This means that continuing employment next year is highly possible, but not guaranteed. Please contact the Human Resources for more information.
Want to Learn More?
- Champaign Unit 4 Schools serves over 10,000 PreK-Young Adult students in 18 facilities, which include twelve elementary schools, three middle schools, two high schools, one early childhood facility, and the Novak Academy. Located conveniently near Chicago, Indianapolis, and St. Louis, Champaign residents enjoy the entertainment and intellectual activity of a large city, without the higher costs of living and lengthy commute times often associated with busy city/suburban life. The University of Illinois provides the excitement of Big 10 sporting events, a thriving business environment, and world-class entertainment at State Farm Center and the Krannert Center for the Performing Arts. Champaign is characterized by a thriving downtown and campustown, shopping centers and boutiques, award-winning restaurants, neighborhood parks, live music venues, and summer festivals. We also share many museums, galleries, and theatres with the adjacent city of Urbana.
- If you want to learn more about this position or other career opportunities in Champaign Unit 4 Schools, please contact our Talent Recruitment and Retention Manager, Ms. Jey L. Owens, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your résumé.
For more information on this position, please read the full description document.