Open Until Filled
Bridgeport Public SCHOOLS 45 Lyon Terrace Bridgeport, CT 06604JOB OPENING GRANTS ASSOCIATE AFSCME Job Class Code: Salary Range: $50,000$70,000 GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Responsible for assisting with grants administration and related accounting tasks involving the performance of a variety of coordination functions in the Office of Grants Development and Management.
Reporting to the Director, Grants Development and Management, the Grants Associate will have responsibilities for the pre and post award grant coordination for the portfolio of Elementary and Secondary School Relief (ESSER) funds, School Readiness (SR) program, Nonpublic Schools (NPS) as well as other schools/programs as assigned. Associate's tasks include, but are not limited to data collection and analysis; responsibility for and/or assistance with the development of grant applications, revisions and reports; assistance with review, approval and establishment of budgets and expenditures based on award guidelines; assistance with the creation, execution and distribution of programmatic agreements; completion of budgetary and accounting transactions with the aim of accurately processing purchase orders (POs) for items/services; matching of invoices for certification of services and goods receipt and their payment; fiscal monitoring through the creation, and distribution of internal financial reports to assure optimal utilization of grant funds; and interacting with school/department liaisons to provide exemplary customer service and technical training as needed. In discharging the responsibilities, the Associate will interrelate regularly with staff district-wide and other offices within the Finance Department, including Budget/Financial Reporting (operating budget), Business Office, and Payroll/Benefits Office.
This work requires that the employee have considerable knowledge and competence in the following areas: grants management, project coordination, and general accounting. In addition, the employee should demonstrate a strong commitment to and have a record of excellence in customer service. RESPONSIBILITIES: Grants Management:
Perform other duties as assigned. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITIES: Ability to work independently and as a team member to accomplish deadline-driven tasks. Capacity to confidentially retain personal data and materials. Excellent judgment, organizational, and communication skills. Capability to interpret and apply funder/internal grant management and city spending guidelines. Exceptional mathematical, analytical, and technical skills. Demonstrated ability to interrelate effectively to establish and maintain effective interpersonal relationships and deliver excellent customer service. EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING: Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or a closely related field preferred, plus at least one year of professionally responsible accounting and/or grant administration experience, OR an Associate's degree from a recognized college in Business plus three (3) years of professional business experience. Practical understanding of, or the ability to quickly review, comprehend and apply grant regulations and procedures, as well as city purchasing ordinances. Knowledgeable in or the ability to quickly learn the use of automated accounting and/or enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems; MUNIS, highly preferred. Computer competency, including skills in various software products such as Microsoft Office 365 (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint).
- Assist with enforcement of funding guidelines through the delivery of excellent customer service.
- Schedule, participate, and/or lead meetings and training sessions.
- Collect, review, and process program-related contracts and orders for services/items (PO generation) and invoices (payment initiation).
- Create data collection templates, execute the annual compilation and data analysis required for applications and reports.
- Initiate requests for, retrieve, and review budgets, revisions, and ancillary documents for necessary approvals.
- Assist with the initial entry, updating, and grant budget processing and revenue adjustments; identify and execute journal entries and budget transfers as needed.
- Maintain accurate records, including communications, data, deadlines, award documents, contracts, reports, invoices, receipts, etc.
- Perform monthly, quarterly, and annual monitoring of programmatic goals and actions. Report to the Director any anomalies; formulate and execute plans for rapid resolution.
- Assist and lead as necessary monthly/quarterly internal financial projections and ad-hoc reports.
This description is not, nor is it intended to be, a complete statement of all duties, functions, and responsibilities which comprise this position.
Posting open until filled. Qualified candidates who wish to apply should access the Bridgeport Public Schools website "Human Resources/Jobs" or access the website address: https://www.applitrack.com/bridgeport/onlineapp
The Bridgeport Board of Education is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.