Position is responsible for general cleaning duties of a school or administrative building that may require frequent lifting up to 45 pounds, moving up to 75 pounds and the operation of commercial cleaning equipment. Tasks performed are specific with recurring assignments and are performed under general supervision of Building Operations Supervisor. May be required to work after hours, weekends and holidays. Will be required to work Monday - Friday.**Minimum and maximum salary scale listed; contracted salary depends on experience.Essential Job Functions
- Performs general cleaning duties to include inside fixtures, floors, walls, and windows.
- Assists with school lunch coverage (day shift) and cleaning of cafeteria.
- Performs cleaning duties to include moving furniture, stripping floors, snow removal, and trash removal.
- Monitors halls and restrooms to ensure adequate stock levels.
- Secures building where applicable.
- Keeps grounds and outside walkways clean around the immediate perimeter of the building.
- Provides coverage for after school and weekend activities.
- Setting-up and tearing-down for school events
- May be occasionally required to assist Building Operations Supervisor (BOS) and maintenance personnel with building repairs.
- Perform building inspections using CleanTelligent software.
- Unlock and lock facilities as required.
- Reports maintenance issues and preventative repairs to BOS daily.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Working knowledge of proper cleaning techniques and cleaning standards. Ability to operate commercial cleaning equipment. Requires the ability to use standard English to: read, communicate, understand and follow written instructions; write simple sentences, and comprehend labeling on products. Ability to work safely and efficiently with machinery. Basic computer and keyboarding skills. Requirements
Requires the ability to speak effectively and communicate in the English language.
Education, training, or experience sufficient to demonstrate the required knowledge, skill and abilities. Applicants considered for employment must successfully complete the following background investigations/tests:
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Criminal History Investigation
- State Police Criminal History Investigation
- Child Protective Services (CPS) Investigation
- Tuberculosis Screening
- Skills Assessment
Chesterfield County Public Schools assures Equal Employment Opportunities for employees as required by Federal and State Orders and Laws. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks. This job description is intended to accurately reflect the position activities and requirements. However, administration reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and assign other duties as necessary. It is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of all the responsibilities, skills, or working conditions associated with the position and does not imply an employment contract.