This position coordinates the Capital Maintenance Program for 70+ facilities totaling approximately 8.5 million square feet. The Coordinator is essential to Operations optimization and standardization across the Facilities and Construction divisions. Validates cost data for consistency with market and procurements working collaboratively with other Schools and County departments. Integrate the preventive maintenance program into the Capital Maintenance Program. Essential Job Functions
- Develops major maintenance plans and schedules and tracks progress, completions, warranties.
- Supervisor the Preventative Maintenance team.
- Maintains the equipment asset database in close coordination with County Fixed Asset managers.
- Integrates and validates data inputs, including cost data comparative to market and County Procurement.
- Generates supporting documents for facilities operations including Preventive Maintenance (PM) plans for implementation by Facilities.
- Oversees the development of PM schedules, procedures, equipment records, location records, labor records, warranty records.
- Oversees the development of Advanced Maintenance and Preventative (AMP) program plans and schedules and tracks progress, completions, costs of labor and materials.
- Collects/compiles/processes work requests for maintenance staff.
- Tracks building level facilities operating and maintenance data including costs of labor and materials.
- Participates in review and prioritization discussions.
- Supports staff training and development on desktop/mobile software use.
- Seeks digital solutions and adapts workflows for integration. Provides training and technical support to staff.
- Prepares reports to leadership.
- Participates in multi-year program and budget planning.
- Supports leadership in the use of data for performance improvement.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Must have knowledge of the principles and practices of facilities management, the ability to analyze and evaluate complex issues, validate data, make sound judgements, propose viable solutions and courses of action, and establish priorities. Must demonstrate solid organizational and multitasking skills. Must demonstrate competency in policies/procedures. Must have strong multi-platform computer skills in Google and Microsoft office suites. Must have a background in Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) infrastructure. Must communicate effectively orally and in writing, to interact with others in a positive manner and to develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Requirements
High school diploma or GED, three to five years experience in facilities, construction, property management or related industry and a minimum of three years administrative level use of a CMMS required.. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred. This position requires the incumbent to drive. Valid VA Driver’s License required. In accordance with Policy 5431, an employee who occupies this position and is assigned a district-owned or leased motor vehicle will be subject to annual driving checks and must maintain acceptable records pursuant to the standards set forth in the policy.
Applicants considered for employment must successfully complete the following background investigations/tests:
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Criminal History Investigation
- State Police Criminal History Investigation
- Child Protective Services (CPS) Investigation
- Tuberculosis Screening/Test
Chesterfield County Public Schools assures Equal Employment Opportunities for employees as required by Federal and State Orders and Laws. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks. This job description is intended to accurately reflect the position activities and requirements. However, administration reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and assign other duties as necessary. It is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of all the responsibilities, skills, or working conditions associated with the position and does not imply an employment contract.