Originally founded in 1991 as Harlem RBI, DREAM has grown to annually serve more than 2,500 youth across East Harlem and the South Bronx through a network of six PreK-12, extended-day, extended-year DREAM Charter Schools and community sports-based youth development programs. Through our commitment to rigorous academics, social-emotional learning, deep family and community engagement, and health and wellness, we create lifelong learners who are equipped to fulfill their vision of success in and out of the classroom. We dream big, as well, with an aggressive five-year plan to expand to serve 3,500 students across seven schools-growing our organization's impact and leveling the playing field for all children. To learn more, visit wearedream.org.
Reporting to the Principal, the Dean of Culture
will be responsible for working closely with the Principal and school leadership team to establish a positive and achievement-oriented culture which reflects DREAM's core values. This is an exciting opportunity for an educator who is passionate about leading to build a responsive and restorative school culture and deeply understands its impact on student outcomes. Responsibilities
- Develop, teach, and monitor all school-wide systems, including consistent culture systems, and expectations for student conduct aligned with DREAM's approach to school culture;
- Serve as a coach for teachers on classroom management, routines, and procedures;
- Supervise common social times including arrival, breakfast, lunch, recess, morning meeting, community gathering and dismissal;
- Foster open communication within the school community and effectively convey high expectations for student achievement and health;
- Utilize data to continuously improve systems, routines, and procedures;
- Work directly with high touch scholars to provide supports and structures to ensure their academic progress;
- Partner with parents, families, and caregivers to build and maintain strong relationships and support student support plans, throughout the course of the school year.
DREAM's VACCINATION POLICY
- Bachelor's Degree required;
- Master's degree in Education and/or School Administration preferred;
- Minimum of three (3) years of teaching experience with a record of strong student achievement and strong classroom culture;
- Willingness to be hands-on and do whatever it takes to develop and maintain an excellent school;
- Strong critical thinking skills, including the ability to connect the dots to solve problems;
- Exemplary interpersonal skills and an understanding of adult learning strategies to provide mentoring and coaching;
- Successful experience in building and maintaining strong, positive student culture;
- Ability to use a variety of data sources to drive practice;
- Knowledge and experience in social-emotional learning frameworks preferred;
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred;
- A strong belief in the mission and values of DREAM, including the desire to make a difference in the lives of our students, families, and community.
DREAM requires vaccination against COVID-19 for all employees. Reasonable Accommodations based on a qualifying disability or sincerely held religious belief are being considered in accordance with applicable law. OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION At DREAM, diversity, equity, and inclusion are a matter of mission.
From our schools to our playing fields, DREAM is committed to building a team where each individual can bring their full identity and experience to work because representation matters-it enriches our team culture, enhances our ability to innovate, and strengthens our impact in and out of the classroom. DREAM engages staff that represent and appreciate the diversity of our majority Black and Hispanic student body, while working to ensure that our practices are equitable, welcoming, and productive. We are dedicated to creating a world where youth, especially youth of color, have permission to dream-along with the tools and opportunities to make their dreams reality.
Come dream with us.DREAM MAXIMS
All Kids Can. This Kid Can.
DREAM is Family.
Fun is a Serious Value.
Teamwork Makes the DREAM Work.
Fail. Persist. Exceed.