Job Title Teacher, Special Education ( ID) Location Ashburn, VA, US Organization Name Broad Run High School Department Description Broad Run High School Brief Description Manages student behavior, assesses and evaluates student achievement, and modifies instructional activities, as required.
Detailed Description Under general supervision of a principal and/or other designated administrator, plans and implements an instructional program and provides related educational services for students. Carries out a variety of student monitoring and controls activities; performs related duties as required or assigned.
Classes taught may be single or multi-grade level, subject, skill or specialty oriented. Incumbents usually perform duties within a team or departmental setting, but may work independently in a unique teaching specialty. Some positions are assigned to science labs or industrial arts/Technology or other education labs where greater than average monitoring is required in order to diminish the chance of accidental injury to students. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Continually assess student achievement and maintain appropriate assessment and evaluation documentation for institutional and individual reporting purposes
- Plan and implement appropriate instructional and/or learning strategies and activities, including determination of appropriate kind and level of materials, provide appropriate learning experiences, manage allotted learning time to maximize student achievement, and utilize a variety of instructional materials and available multi-media and computer Technology to enhance learning
- Manage the behavior of learners in an instructional setting to ensure that the environment is conducive to the learning process, and assist and participate in management of student behavior in other parts of the school, center, school grounds, or work site
- Coordinate instructional activities with other professional staff, both school and nonschool-based, as required, to maximize learning opportunities
- Participate in in-service and professional development activities and staff meetings, as required or assigned
- Continually communicate with students on instructional expectations to keep them informed of their progress in meeting those expectations
- Communicate with parents through conferences and other means
- Collaborate with other professionals (guidance counselors, librarians, etc.) to carry out schoolwide instructional or related activities as needed
Job Requirements ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIP:
A person in this position reports to the Principal and/or Assistant Principal.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or student supplies; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk and occasionally to run. Occasional movement of students by wheelchairs and other mechanical devices may be necessary. Occasional travel on student field trips may be necessary. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or bend and may be required to lift up to approximately 25 pounds. STATE REQUIREMENTS/QUALIFICATIONS:
- Holds a valid Virginia or out-of-state teaching license in Special Education
- Eligible for a Virginia teaching license in Special Education (must submit transcripts)
Knowledge of content, curriculum, methods, materials, and equipment of instructional specialty(ies) to which assigned; knowledge of pre-adolescent and adolescent growth and development; knowledge of Loudoun County Public Schools (LCPS) curriculum related to assignments and School Division mission, goals, and organization; ability to apply knowledge of current research and theory to instructional programs; skill in the use of multi-media and computer Technology to enhance learning; ability to plan and implement lessons based on Division and school objectives and the needs and abilities of students to whom assigned; ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with students, peers, administrators, and parents; skill in oral and written communications; excellent human relations skills.
Additional Details Teacher Salary Scale
The Loudoun County School Board seeks to cultivate a high performing team of professionals focused on its mission and goals. The School Board values merit and excellence within its workforce and encourages the highest levels of professionalism for all its employees.
The School Board also recognizes and values the diversity of the students and broader community it serves and encourages diversity within its workforce.
The Loudoun County School Board is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The School Board does not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of actual or perceived race, national origin, ancestry, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, marital status, age, religion, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any basis protected by law.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Assistant Superintendent for Department of Human Resources and Talent Development
Loudoun County Public Schools
21000 Education Court
Ashburn, VA 20148
How To Apply To submit an application online, please select "Apply Now"To be considered for the vacancy, please complete ALL sections of the application.
will not be accepted in lieu
of a completed applicationPlease be sure to upload the following:
- Three (3) current professional references (Name, phone number, email address). At least one reference should be a current supervisor or most recent supervisor.
- College Transcripts
- Copy of your teaching license (if applicable)
- Test Scores (if applicable)
Interview Date School Year SY_2021-2022 School Year 2021-2022 Job Type Licensed Closing Date Contract or Assignment Days/Hours Per Day 200 days / 7 hours Amount of Travel
Refresh Detach Attach
Skill Minimum Level Maximum Level Desirability No results found.