WHO ARE WE?
Get to know Insight PA Cyber Charter School (ISPA)!
K12 Produces Results
Insight PA Cyber Charter School
Behind the scenes
A Day in the life
K12, a Stride Company, believes in Education for ANY ONE. We provide families an online option for a high-quality, personalized education experience. Students can thrive, find their passion, and learn in an environment that encourages discovery at their own pace. In support of this, we are committed to creating and maintaining a culture of inclusion and diversity where our employees are passionate about serving students and families, treat one another and customers with respect, challenge each other to innovate and always strive to do better.
Passionate Educators are needed at the Stride K12 partner school, Insight PA Cyber Charter School. We want you to be a part of our talented team!
The mission of Insight PA Cyber Charter School is to provide an exemplary individualized and engaging educational experience for students by incorporating school and community/family partnerships coupled with a rigorous curriculum along with a data-driven and student-centered instructional model. Student success will be measured by valid and reliable assessment data, parent and student satisfaction, and continued institutional growth within the academic community. Join us! Summary
Instructs students and facilitates their learning in the absence of the regular teacher. Essential Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Provides classroom instruction to students as outlined in lesson plans.
- Creates a on-line classroom that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students.
- Maintains a safe and orderly environment. Maintains established routine of the school and classroom procedures in which assigned.
- Maintains a professional appearance as an example to students..
- Maintains reasonable rules of conduct which encourage self-discipline and responsibility. Communicates effectively with parents when needed.
- Meets and instructs assigned classes at times designated. Completes other duties as assigned.
Supervise students Other Responsibilities
The below statements are intended to help describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required; other duties may be assigned.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Attends any school events and serves a test administrator for state testing.
- Embraces school retention efforts.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Pedagogical knowledge of content being taught and ability to apply critical thinking
- Knowledge of state content standards and ability to align those with the K12 curriculum
- Ability to embrace change/ adapt to ensure excellent student outcomes
- Ability to problem solve independently and have a high level of organization
- Understanding of interdependency of deadlines on multiple projects and able to act to preserve integrity on other people's deadlines
- Ability to work independently typically 40+ hours per week
- Ability to maintain a professional home office without distraction during workday, typically 9-5 (or 8-4) or as defined by the school
- Ability to travel as required (on average once per month and/or approximately 10% of the time) for face to face professional development, student testing, and as required by school
- Access to reliable high-speed internet
.Other Required Qualifications
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word; PowerPoint;
- Ability to rapidly learn and adapt to new technologies and teaching platforms
- Ability to acquire/maintain teacher certification/professional development hours and fluency in K12 systems, programs and curriculum
- Ability to pass required background check
- Experience as an on-line / virtual educator
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is a flexible position with opportunities for in-office or remote work options. The noise level in the office is usually moderate (computers, printers, light foot traffic).
- This position will include limited travel and will include limited overnight travel. This is estimated to be less than 20% of the time. Travel will be required for community events, PD and state testing.
Job Performance Requirements
The mental and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to exhibit mental dexterity to “dial” a telephone, to enter data into a computer, to read a computer screen and printed material, to hear and understand speech at normal office/workplace levels, and on the telephone, and to speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly in the workplace and on the telephone.
- Ability to physically lift up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret workplace documents, technical procedures, research studies, and governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports with clarity.
- Ability to interface diplomatically with all members of the school community - administrators, teachers, parents, students, Board members, support staff, colleagues, and outside professional contacts.
- Ability to coordinate and use technology for a variety of workplace purposes and communications.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is at-will
as governed by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. The at-will
nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer of Insight PA Cyber Charter School. Stride, Inc. is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status age, or genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law.