WHO ARE WE?
Get to know (TVAH) !
K12 Produces Results
Texas Virtual Academy at Hallsville
Behind the scenes
A Day in the life
K12, a Stride Company, believes in Education for Any One. We provide families an online option for a high-quality, personalized education experience. Students can thrive, find their passion, and learn in an environment that encourages discovery at their own pace. In support of this, we are committed to creating and maintaining a culture of inclusion and diversity where our employees are passionate about serving students and families, treat one another and customers with respect, challenge each other to innovate and always strive to do better.
Passionate Educators are needed at the Stride K12 partner school, TVAH . We want you to be a part of our talented team!
The mission of TVAH is to provide an exemplary individualized and engaging educational experience for students by incorporating school and community/family partnerships coupled with a rigorous curriculum along with a data-driven and student-centered instructional model. Student success will be measured by valid and reliable assessment data, parent and student satisfaction, and continued institutional growth within the academic community. Join us!
Utilizing leadership, advocacy and collaboration the School Counselor promotes student success by providing preventive services and responding to identified needs through implementation of a comprehensive school counseling program that helps guide all learners in their academic success, social and emotional development, and career and college planning and readiness. This is a full-time position. Ability to work independently, typically 40+ hours per week is required. Ability to maintain a professional home office without distraction during workday, typically 9-5 (or 8-4) or as defined by the school. Essential Functions:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Helps all students:
- Plan for postsecondary options (enroll in education, enlist in military option, employ in work force)
- Apply academic achievement strategies
- Manage emotions and apply interpersonal skills
- Focuses students and families on college and career readiness;
- Meets quarterly with all students on caseload to review graduation plan and post secondary options;
- Delivers classroom instruction based on student success standards;
- Reviews transcripts and other academic documentation for new and returning students;
- Works collaboratively with teaching staff to develop a four (4) year graduation plan and audits student schedules for candidacy for graduation as determined by school and state policies;
- Assist students in course placement including recommendations on Advanced Placement (AP) and pathways to challenge and enrich student learning opportunities;
- Analyzes student data and develops data-driven programs for intervention action plans;
- Provides short-term counseling to students and referrals for long-term support, as necessary;
- Provides a support system that strengthens the efforts of teachers, staff, and parents;
- Supports standardized testing program; parent education; and staff development;
- May advocate for students at individual education plan meetings and other student focused meetings;
- Focuses students and families on goal setting and academic planning for college and career readiness;
- Act as a systems change agent to improve equity and access, achievement and opportunities for all students.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities. MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree AND
- Three (3) years of experience in counseling and/or advisement OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
School Counselor Residency Requirement
: Must live inTexas Certificates and Licenses:
Appropriate state certification for school counselor. OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Web-based search engines, and database systems
- Flexible schedule; Ability to travel as needed
- Ability to clear required background check
- Master’s degree in school counseling
- Experience with distance learning
- Advanced coursework in counseling and administration
- Experience as a teacher
- Experience in a customer service environment.
- Experience with Local, State, and Federals laws and mandated reporting
- Experience in a charter school environment preferred
- Experience with state career planning systems, Pathfinder, or other career planning platforms/tools
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is a home-based position
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is “at-will” as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the “at-will” nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer. By signing below the incumbent acknowledges that she/he has reviewed and is familiar with the contents of this job description. Stride, Inc. is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status age,, or genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law.