WHO ARE WE?
K12 Produces Results
K12, a Stride Company, believes in Education for ANY ONE. We provide families an online option for a high-quality, personalized education experience. Students can thrive, find their passion, and learn in an environment that encourages discovery at their own pace. In support of this, we are committed to creating and maintaining a culture of inclusion and diversity where our employees are passionate about serving students and families, treat one another and customers with respect, challenge each other to innovate and always strive to do better.
Passionate Educators are needed at the Stride K12 TX partner schools. We want you to be a part of our talented team!
The mission of Stride K12 TX partner schools is to provide an exemplary individualized and engaging educational experience for students by incorporating school and community/family partnerships coupled with a rigorous curriculum along with a data-driven and student-centered instructional model. Student success will be measured by valid and reliable assessment data, parent and student satisfaction, and continued institutional growth within the academic community. Join us!
The English Language Learner (ELL) Compliance Specialist serves as a Case Manager/Meeting Facilitator for a caseload of ELL students. They are responsible for all compliance documents required in serving ELL students. They will facilitate all district approved ELL processes and data collection procedures, as well as ensure academic progress of ELL students. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Facilitate ELL meetings to monitor student growth
- Collaborate with general education teachers to ensure inclusion and success of student in the general education classroom
- Collaborate with local/regional/national teams and teacher trainers regarding instruction, resources, interventions and data-driven decision making;
- Collaborate on all progress, semester and grade reports
- Take ownership for students’ academic progress and attendance, communicating high expectations and showing active interest in students’ achievement;
- Make self open and available to be coached on a regular basis with administrators and teacher trainers;
- Establish and maintain positive rapport with families and regularly communicate with students and learning coaches/parents;
- Understand how both diverse and unique characteristics of students and their families impact required support;
- Work collaboratively with other teachers to ensure that ELL students are successfully progressing through the program, that parents have a central point of contact, and that tasks are distributed among the stakeholders;
- Respond to students, parents, and colleagues in timely manner.
- Travel to testing sites to proctor state exams.
This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities. MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Certificates and Licenses:
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field AND
- One (1) year of ELL Teacher experience OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
Appropriate state ELL teaching certification. OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Pedagogical knowledge of content being taught and ability to apply critical thinking
- Knowledge of state content standards and ability to align those with the K12 curriculum
- Ability to embrace change and adapt to ensure excellent student outcomes
- Ability to problem solve independently and have a high level of organization
- Understanding of interdependency of deadlines on multiple projects and able to act to preserve integrity on other people's deadlines
- Ability to work independently, typically 40+ hours per week
- Ability to maintain a professional home office without distraction during workday, typically 9-5 (or 8-4) or as defined by the school
- Ability to travel as required (on average once per month and/or approximately 10% of the time) for face to face professional development, student testing, and as required by school
- Access to reliable high-speed internet
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word; PowerPoint;
- Ability to rapidly learn and adapt to new technologies and teaching platforms
- Ability to maintain teacher certification/professional development hours and fluency in K12 systems, programs and curriculum
- Ability to clear required background check
- Experience working with proposed age group
- Experience supporting adults and children in the use of technology
- Experience working in a virtual environment
- Experience teaching in an online (virtual) and/or in a brick and mortar environment
- Experience with Blackboard Collaborative, Newrow, or other online platforms
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is “at-will” as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the “at-will” nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.Stride, Inc. is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status age, or genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- This is a home-based position. Must live inTexas.