WHO ARE WE?
K12 Produces Results
K12, a Stride Company, believes in Education for ANY ONE. We provide families an online option for a high-quality, personalized education experience. Students can thrive, find their passion, and learn in an environment that encourages discovery at their own pace. In support of this, we are committed to creating and maintaining a culture of inclusion and diversity where our employees are passionate about serving students and families, treat one another and customers with respect, challenge each other to innovate and always strive to do better.
Passionate Educators are needed at the Stride K12 Texas partner schools. We want you to be a part of our talented team!
The mission of Stride K12 Texas partner schools is to provide an exemplary individualized and engaging educational experience for students by incorporating school and community/family partnerships coupled with a rigorous curriculum along with a data-driven and student-centered instructional model. Student success will be measured by valid and reliable assessment data, parent and student satisfaction, and continued institutional growth within the academic community. Join us!
The Manager, English Language Learners (ELL) Program develops and implements policies and procedures and oversees all matters related to ELL for the school. The role also assists the Snr Manager Special Programs with developing and implementing more general academic policies and procedures and with school operations. Responsible for directly supervising all ELL staff, including Coordinators and Teachers. Essential Functions:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Develop, implement, and disseminate “best practices” for ELL policies and procedures in collaboration with school leadership;
- Support the school’s administration and teachers in providing training on and implementation of ELL program
- Create and maintain appropriate contacts with district(s), intermediate units, and state ELL leaders in order to ensure continued compliance of ELL programs and represent the school throughout the state in meetings and trainings related to the implementation of ELL programs;
- Develop ELL database to track services in order to ensure all eligible students are receiving services
- Oversee the development, compliance, maintenance, and implementation of all compliance meetings for all eligible students through deadlines for services and LPAC meetings that follow state and federal guidelines.
- Ensure fiscal compliance for ELL programming to fit the needs of the ELL student population.
- Directly supervisor all ELL staff including ELL Coordinators and ELL Teachers
- Work with the Testing Manager to ensure that all students receive appropriate accommodations during state testing;
- Work with K12 enrollment team to develop processes for ensuring timely identification and enrollment of students that qualify for ELL
- Proactively communicate all changes in local, state and/or federal ELL practices and laws to the Head of School;
- Ensure that ELL students are integrated in all school activities and that general education and administrative staff work collaboratively to ensure academic success for all students;
- Collect data for internal studies of ELL students
- Participate in required evaluation programs
- Work directly with parents and students (both regular and ELL) where necessary.
: Directly supervises 15-25 Full-time Equivalent (FTE) regular employees and/or contractors. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Certificates and Licenses:
- Master's degree AND
- Three (3) years of teaching ELL students OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- English as a Second Language Certification AND
- Certified teacher in the State of Texas
- Supervisory Certification
- Project management experience
- Strong interpersonal skills with both in-person and electronic communication platforms and a customer service orientation
- Able to read data and determine what steps are needed to assist students academically and behaviorally, as a whole and on an individual basis
- Able to apply adult instructional methods in the training and development of staff
- Communicates effectively both orally and in writing
- Demonstrates the use of good judgment in decision-making
- Understanding of applicable sections of the State Education Code and other pertinent regulations
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time to OVCA main office to review files, work with office staff, attend meetings, and the like
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time within and between assigned geographic areas to support students; proctor assessments, provide and attend professional development meetings and participate in school activities, open houses, orientations, and face-to-face enrollment meetings
- Willingness and ability to obtain additional licensing as required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook as well as Internet research methods and report writing techniques; Utilizes computer software associated with curriculum and special education
- Ability to clear required background check
- TX Mid Management or Principal certification
- English as Second Language (ESL) certification and/or Reading Specialist
- Three (3) years teaching experience of ESL students
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is “at-will” as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the “at-will” nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.Stride, Inc. is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status age, or genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- This is a home-based position. Must live inTexas.