- Meet Stride
- Success Stories
- Responsibility and Inclusion
Tech Elevator is an intensive in-person education provider helping individuals and companies acquire in-demand technology skills for the modern workforce.
Through our 14-week, full-time coding bootcamps and company partnerships, we teach students and employees from diverse backgrounds to become software developers while also helping them to build necessary career-readiness skills and career connections through our nationally recognized Pathway Program™.
Founded in 2015, with a focus on quality and care in everything we do, we’re proud of our outcomes. As an early member of the Council on Integrity Results in Reporting (www.cirr.org), Tech Elevator has taken a proactive approach to transparency. Our results speak to our focus on quality outcomes and on student success which has earned Tech Elevator top industry recognition.
Tech Elevator is seeking an entrepreneurial individual to lead the Cleveland Campus. The Campus Director takes on a variety of responsibilities, from business development to campus operations and expansion. The Campus Director’s primary responsibilities are overseeing the delivery of an incredible educational experience, establishing a strong competitive position in the local market, and fostering a positive culture for both team members and students.
The ideal candidate will relish the opportunity to tackle the challenge of breaking new ground and shifting the norms of traditional education and hiring paths. They will be forward-thinking and motivated by continuous improvement. They will have a positive attitude and presence and be comfortable providing occasional tough love to students and direct reports. They will be a proud member of their region’s technology community and will be excited to impact the skills of the local workforce by fostering greater opportunities for individuals seeking to make a change in their lives. They will be a strong leader that can provide calm in the face of uncertainty or ambiguity. They will also have demonstrated strong leadership traits and have the ability to bring a team of diverse skills together to accomplish great things. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Establish successful hiring partnerships in order to support student candidates and advocate for them during the interview process
- Execute business development strategies to continue expanding the hiring network.
- Act as the face of Tech Elevator in the specific market, including media relationships and speaking engagements to enhance awareness in the community
- Oversee campus day-to-day operations including marketing, admissions, student experience, student outcomes, and facilities management and expansion
- Manage recruiting and onboarding of new team members
- Support team members by practicing servant leadership
- Promote an accessible, diverse and cohesive learning environment that also supports and celebrates team member growth
- Orient a team around meeting and exceeding goals for enrollment, student satisfaction, and student placement outcomes
- Continuously network to build relationships with volunteer mentors
- Keep tabs on the industry landscape, understanding the tactics and strategies employed by comparable businesses
- Collaborate with senior management to set goals, determine resource requirements, and make key strategic decisions
- Balance campus operations against financial goals through budgeting, monitoring of campus spend, and implementation of sound financial controls
- Play lead role in validating and implementing new Tech Elevator educational prod
Desired Skills and Experience
- 7+ years of professional work experience, preferably in the IT space with at least 2+ years of that experience being in a role managing others
- Strong management skills; ability to set goals and priorities to meet campus objectives
- Excellent interpersonal skills (verbal, written, presentation)
- Ability to multitask effectively
- An authentic experience with conflict resolution, strategic planning, and implementation
- A track record of driving top-line business results
- A track record of partnership formation or business development
- Experienced in the process of career coaching or recruiting and hiring for technical roles
- A network of contacts in local media and the ability to talk with media
- A history of cultivating a strong, positive culture on teams
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is “at-will” as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the “at-will” nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer. Tech Elevator is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status age, or genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- This is an office-based position. We are seeking applicants that are driving distance and able to work in the Cleveland, OH office. We anticipate a typical school office setting including conversation, light foot traffic, computers, etc.