- Meet Stride
- Success Stories
- Responsibility and Inclusion
Over 20 years ago, Stride was founded to provide personalized learning — powered by technology. We reached students where they were in their own journeys. We knocked down their barriers to great education. And we gave every learner equal opportunity to succeed — however they defined success. Stride innovated the learning experience with online and blended learning that prepared them for their lives ahead.
Stride is a community of passionate leaders. Whether teachers, engineers, curriculum writers, or financial managers — whatever your expertise or role, we all work to empower futures through learning. And changing the trajectory of learning itself is one of our greatest missions. Join us in developing more effective ways to learn and helping learners build the skills and confidence they need to make their way forward in life.
The Senior Regional Finance Manager provides a broad range of financial services to one or more schools within an assigned region including delivering/overseeing the delivery of financial support, and operating as a project manager working across multiple functions within the K12 organization to ensure delivery on long-term projects. Essential Functions:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Oversees delivery of financial services to multiple schools; Prepares/provisions financial reporting and other analytics; Oversees/Assists in developing annual budgets, monthly forecasts, and variance analysis;
- Implements and ensures compliance with the Company’s and school’s finance policies, internal controls and business processes; Manages school audits and ensures all tax filings are prepared and submitted;
- Becomes expert in school financials for states in which they manages school(s); Files statutory reports by state;
- Interacts with and provides financial support to School Boards; Manages financial communication with School Boards;
- Functions as project manager on local and corporate financial initiatives, working across multiple functions within the organization to ensure delivery on long-term projects/objectives;
- Prepares submissions for state and federal funding programs in a timely and accurate manner to include funding determinations, audit responses, and interim financial reports;
- Assists in the development of grant and other funding opportunities.
This position supervises 1 - 3 Full-time Equivalent (FTE) regular employees and/or contractors. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Minimum Required Qualifications:
Certificates and Licenses
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field AND
- Eight (8) years of related experience OR
- Equivalentcombination of education and experience
: CPA preferred OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- California public school or California charter school finance and accounting experience
- Customer service and business partnering orientation
- Attention to detail and quality of deliverables while sensitive to strict and tight deadlines
- Excellent Interpersonal skills with the capability to interact with people at all levels and of all areas of responsibilities, fostering collaboration
- Possess strong communication skills – written and verbal
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to travel 25% of the time
- Ability to clear required background check
- Master’s Degree
- Management experience
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is “at-will” as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the “at-will” nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer. Stride, Inc. is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status age, or genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- This is an home-based position. We are seeking applicantsthat reside in California. Some travel may be required to our Simi Valley, CA office.