Are you interested in making a life-saving difference for children and adolescents? Would you enjoy being part of a team working to change the world for the better?
If you answered YES, then consider joining our Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health team!
In response to the humanitarian crisis at America's ports of entry, Devereux will be providing short-term shelter care services for unaccompanied children who have come to the United States without a parent or legal guardian. Devereux will provide extremely high-quality, trauma-informed residential and educational services for unaccompanied children, with intense supports for their social and emotional health. We will also ensure they receive excellent and immediate physical healthcare including pediatric, dental and nutritional supports for every child.
Devereux's ultimate goal is to ensure every unaccompanied child who receives our services is successfully and quickly discharged into the loving care of their family sponsor and, during the short time they are with us, have received best-in-class medical, therapeutic, recreational and educational services designed specifically to address the traumas they have sustained during, and often before, their migration journey. This is a very high benchmark to set, but we have already begun partnering with leading legal defense nonprofits to ensure children in our care have access to the finest immigration advocates and supports our country offers.
- Being a Bilingual Teacher at Devereux has many advantages As a Bilingual Teacher at Devereux, you will be a critical part of a multi-disciplinary team of dedicated, experts who share your passion for helping children in need. We offer:
- Tuition assistance and Teacher Loan Forgiveness Program eligibility
- A supportive teaching environment and culture that upholds a Servant Leadership perspective
- Greater autonomy and flexibility with teaching plans
- Classrooms equipped with SMART boards and educational learning supplies
- Staff throughout the school use a strengths-based approach emphasizing positive behavioral supports
- A comprehensive benefit package and opportunities for professional growth at one of the largest and most advanced behavioral healthcare organizations in the country
The Bilingual Teacher is responsible for providing instruction in the areas of mathematics, language arts, science and social studies. You will provide an Initial and Final Report for the child. The Bilingual Teacher focuses on academic intervention and enrichment, and must be able to communicate proficiently in Spanish. You will report to the Assistant Program Director and receive education related supervision from the US Educational Administrator consultant. The Bilingual Teacher should also be available for intakes, discharges and releases 24/7 (rotation) some nights, weekends and afterhours may be required.
Keywords: Teacher, Spanish speaking, special education teacher, SPED, school, education, middle school, elementary, high school, teaching, day school, private school, alternative school, bilingual, Spanish #ZR What is Devereux doing to support and protect the health and safety of our staff during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Devereux is committed to the health and safety of our staff. All Devereux centers have formal infectious-disease and emergency-management plans tailored to specifically address the unique aspects of communicable disease prevention including COVID-19. We adhere to all mandates and guidelines in accordance with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization and practice all protocols that protect the health and safety of our staff. To learn more of how Devereux is supporting and protecting our staff during the pandemic, please visithttps://jobs.devereux.org/#covid.
As the COVID-19 situation evolves, we will continue to adapt our response (and protocols) in real-time to meet any challenges and to ensure the safety of our staff and those we are so privileged to serve and support. #devereuxstrong Qualifications
The IDEAL candidate will...
- Be 21 years of age or older (required)
- Have a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Education, Master's Degree preferred, with equivalent work experience in a multi-grade setting
- Have a valid driver's license
- Be empathetic and have a team approach to care for our individuals
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be energetic, creative, and have a sense of humor
- Be able to attend ten days of in-house orientation on weekdays
- Be able to lift up to 50+ pounds and perform Safe and Positive Approaches
. Devereux requires all individuals interviewing for a position involving contact with children to complete The Diana Screen, a screening that assesses a candidate's understanding of appropriate boundaries between adults and children Posted Date
1 week ago (10/14/2021 3:28 PM) Requisition ID
Education Position Type