The Organization Lighthouse Community Public Schools
At Lighthouse Community Public Schools we are engaged in an educational movement that goes beyond our classrooms working to disrupt inequities by providing our students and families exceptional educational opportunities every day. Grounded in our core values of community, integrity, agency, love, and social justice rooted in the EL Education Model , LCPS is a leader in fostering innovative schools achieving exceptional student outcomes where each child is at the center of their own learning. Our mission is to prepare diverse students for college, a career of their choice, and to be lifelong changemakers. Founded in 2002, LCPS operates two high-achieving K-12 public charter schools--Lighthouse and Lodestar--serving nearly 1,500 students in East Oakland. Lighthouse is a beacon for public education and our graduates fulfill the promise of a better, brighter Oakland. Learn more at www.lighthousecharter.org .THE OPPORTUNITYHigh School After School Program Assistant - Competencies, Responsibilities, and Qualifications
Lighthouse Community Charter High School is looking for a High School After School Program Assistant who will be primarily responsible for holding after school sessions and office hours for students needing to complete credit recovery courses. Additionally, the After School Credit Recovery Assistant may provide support to other front desk/office manager staff on a limited basis. At Lighthouse, we strive to hire and retain staff who are relentlessly committed to ensuring that traditionally underserved students of color develop agency and are able to strive for the post-secondary educational experience and career of their choice. Lighthouse staff believe that this important mission is not only attainable; it is essential to transforming our Oakland community. If you are inspired by our mission and vision and want to be a changemaker in students' lives here in Oakland, then please apply and join us!KEY RESPONSIBILITIESCore Responsibilities include:
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supervise and support students after school to complete credit recovery requirements needed to graduate or advance to the next grade level.
- Work closely with the site leadership team and the Director of College & Career to identify students in need of credit recovery and to monitor their progress through various credit recovery online platforms, providing regular reports and updates to HS leadership team on student progress.
- Follow up with students and communicate with parents as necessary to increase participation in credit recovery and completion of work, by phone, email, and other methods as required.
- Use the School's student information system and learning management system as needed to track and support student progress, and maintain accurate records.
- Actively supervise students; maintain physical and emotional safety for all students during scheduled time.
- Collaboratively plan and lead activities that build meaningful community connections.
- Demonstrate professional demeanor by being punctual, consistent, reliable, creative, communicative, courteous and flexible.
- Attend and actively participate in professional development activities, team and staff meetings to improve the effectiveness of student support and engagement.
- Actively collaborate with both other ASP staff and larger Lighthouse Community.
- Administer Lighthouse's student policies and procedures (i.e. attendance, dress code, etc.).
- Maintain a classroom culture ideal for student learning by implementing preferred Lighthouse strategies and systems.
- Abide by all state and federal mandates in reporting sexual or physical abuse and neglect.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
We are are looking for front office support staff who exhibit competencies in each of our five tenets:
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Expects High Quality Student Engagement & Responds Effectively to Student Needs
- Develops Meaningful Relationships with Students, Parents, and Colleagues
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Is an Active and Engaged Teammate
- Follows Through on Commitments
- Holds a Growth Mindset for Self, Students, and Colleagues
- Mission- and core-values aligned.
- Associate's degree or completion of the equivalent of 2 years of college coursework, required
- Bachelor's degree, preferred
- 2+ years of experience working in youth, school settings, preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish, preferred
This position reports to the High School After School Program Coordinator.TIME COMMITMENT:
This is a part-time (~.5 FTE) hourly non-exempt role for the 21-22 school year with the possibility of extending into the summer and future years depending on funding.
Schedule: 2:30-6:30pm daily. Exact Hours to be determined in conjunction with supervisor.OUR COMPENSATION PACKAGE:
At Lighthouse Community Public Schools we take good care of our employees. We provide a competitive compensation and benefits package, including a competitive salary and generous health and retirement benefits (100% employee health coverage/50% for dependents for full-time employees; 8% employer-matching for retirement program; medical and dependent FSA).TO APPLYPeople of color and bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should submit:
- Cover letter describing why you are an optimal fit for this position
- 3 references with Name, Email, Phone Number and Title/nature of the working relationship
Application submission screening and initial phone interviews will be completed on a rolling basis. In-person interviews and performance tasks will take place on-site. Lighthouse Community Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity at all levels.