TEXANS CAN ACADEMIES ONLINE SERVICES INSTRUCTOR
The future of Texas and the world is in our classrooms. At Texans Can Academies, we are recruiting individuals committed to ensuring that all students are career ready. We know the choices facing today's well-qualified professionals and we are thrilled that you are considering Texans Can Academies.
We are currently looking for an Online Services Instructor
(on-campus instruction) (formerly Credit Recovery Teacher) to join our Dallas - Carrollton/Farmers Branch
campus. If the following opportunity sounds like the right fit for you, please apply.Primary Purpose:
Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences designed to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society. Implement Credit Recovery practices that provide a continuum of support to students who will benefit from earning high school credits towards traditional high school graduation. The goal of Credit Recovery is to assist students to complete a course and receive full credit for doing so.Qualifications:Education/Certification:
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 24 hours in either Math, Science, Social Studies and English Language Arts or related fields
- Valid Texas teaching certificate preferred, not required
- One year prior teaching experience preferred
Major Responsibilities and Duties:Instructional Strategies
- Knowledge of subjects assigned
- Proficient in online tools
- Familiar with Edgenuity preferred
- Willingness to learn what is required to become a successful teacher
- An ability to communicate effectively with students and adults
- The ability to work with large groups of people
- Must pass, and show proficiency in, a brief technology/software assessment
- Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of district's curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required.
- Manage online services program activity.
- Conduct student assessments regularly and maintain an up-to-date student gradebook.
- Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- Learn the requirements of the need for an Individual Education Plan in order to successfully deliver the instructional material to the special education students.
- Work with other members of staff to establish instructional goals and objectives.
- Plan and supervise assignments of teacher aide(s) and volunteer(s).
- Learn to use technology effectively when working with students.
- Track student online progress and provide reports.
- Participate in all instructional activities.
- Any and all requirements necessary to fulfill the role of a teacher.
None.Working Conditions:Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress. Frequent standing, stooping, bending, pulling and
pushing. Move small stacks of textbooks, media equipment, desks and other classroom equipment.Transportation:
Must have own reliable transportation available during work hours.TEXANS CAN ACADEMIES
is an Equal Opportunity Employer