William Allen High School Clerical- Job Grade II- Main Office
- Two to three years of related administrative support experience and/or training.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to access the Internet and collect research on methods and samples of procedures and documents in other districts or organizations.
- Familiarity with software programs (e.g., Microsoft Office spreadsheet and word processing software).
- Satisfactory work record & criminal/child abuse clearances (Acts 34, 114, and 151).
- Record of satisfactory work performance.
- Such additional or alternatives to the above qualifications as determined to be appropriate and acceptable by the board or superintendent.
Schedules appointments, gives information to callers,, and otherwise relieves officials of clerical work and minor administrative detail by performing the following duties. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the following essential duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reads and routes incoming mail. Locates and attaches appropriate file to correspondence to be answered by supervisor.
- Assists with maintaining accurate records.
- Organizes and maintains file system, and files correspondence and other records for supervisor.
- Answers and screens supervisor's telephone calls, and arranges conference calls.
- Coordinates supervisor's schedule and makes appointments.
- Greets scheduled visitors and conducts them to appropriate areas or persons.
- Arranges and coordinates travel schedules and reservations.
- Performs secretarial duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Coordinates and arranges meetings, prepares agendas, reserves and prepares facilities, and records or transcribes meeting minutes.
- Makes copies of correspondence or other printed materials.
- Prepares outgoing mail and correspondence, including e-mail and faxes.
- Orders and maintains supplies, and arranges for equipment maintenance.
- Prepares agendas, minutes, and other documentation for meetings.
- Helps to maintain supervisor's budget.
- Performs such other tasks and assumes such other responsibilities as may be assigned or delegated by the supervisor.
Share in our community! Grow with our students! Join our district today and be a part of our future!
The Allentown School District is committed to excellence! The richness of The Allentown School District's diversity is strengthened by its central role in educating our students for America's future through academic excellence and celebrating the culturally responsive, athletic and artistic range of talent in the schools. ASD students originate from 51 countries and speak 26 languages.
The Allentown School District offers a comprehensive benefits package to those who qualify.
This may include*
o Medical Insurance
o Dental Insurance
o Vision Reimbursement
o Tuition Reimbursement
o Personal and Sick time
o PSERS Retirement Fund
*Eligibility for specific benefits will be outlined in each labor group's specific collective bargaining agreement.
For more information on this position, please read the full description document.