Intermediate District 287 is looking for a Diploma On! Coordinator.
Intermediate District 287 is a west metro district for learners with unique needs. As an intermediate district, we provide specialized services, primarily setting IV special education, to students from 11 member districts in the west metro. What Makes Us Special:
- We are a trauma-informed district. We take into account past trauma and the resulting coping mechanisms when attempting to understand behaviors and best serve our students.
- There is a variety of support services in each school including School Social Workers, Psychologists, Counselors, Behavior Intervention Specialists, and Student Safety Coaches. All of whom are student-centered and focused on building relationships with each child.
- We value diverse perspectives and life experiences and our strategic vision includes hiring and retaining racially diverse and racially conscious staff across all levels of our organization.
- To better understand our student population and work environment check out this video .
Salary & Benefits:
- This is a one-year, grant-funded position with the potential for renewal based on funding.
- This position is a 0.8 FTE as the position works during the school year only.
- This position will be responsible for coordinating/overseeing and tracking referred students to the District 287 Diploma On! Project.
- Identifies systems barriers for youth in accessing necessary educational, mental health, and other support services. Develops and facilitates a plan to ensure that youth receive the educational supports they need to be successful in school;
- Collects and analyzes data relating to school performance, including attendance, achievement, and behavior;
- Collaborates with suburban districts to problem-solve individual student placement concerns and work with stakeholders to address systems barriers;
- Participates in the development of systems and services to meet the need of Hennepin County youth who are at risk for academic failure;
- View the Job Classification
- Competitive Salary - Range starting at $55,993
- Generous Benefits: Medical, dental, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, paid leave, pension, optional 403b (eligible for match after 1 year), and an incredible employee assistance program (includes 6 free counseling sessions)
- Bachelor's degree in community youth development, education, or related field.
- Minimum of two years of experience working with youth in a case management role
- Current MN teaching license in secondary education, school social work, licensed independent clinical social worker (LICSW), licensed psychologist (LP), or currently working towards a Master's degree in a related field, preferred.
- Interested in candidates who are: diverse, bilingual, or have experience working with diverse populations.
Commitment to Equity: Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of our qualifications described. Interview Process:
- Application review will begin on 10/25/2021
- Email Invitations for first-round interviews are expected to go out the week of 10/27/2021.
- First-round interviews will be held on 10/29/2021.