Company DescriptionORGANIZATIONAL OVERVIEW:
By 2025, KIPP DC will build upon two decades of proven results to develop into a more impactful, innovative, and inclusive school system that provides joyful, identity-affirming learning experiences so that all students and alumni achieve extraordinary outcomes.
Our work is grounded in a commitment to excellence, equity, and justice. We believe all students have the right to rigorous, relevant, and joyful learning experiences led by exceptionally talented and diverse educators who promote student achievement and a sense of belonging. We believe students and teachers best succeed when surrounded by an ecosystem of supports, including our central headquarters team that supports KIPP DC's 20 schools, 7,300 students, and 1,300 teachers, leaders, and staff members dedicated to this mission.Job DescriptionPosition Overview:
The Budget & Financial Manager is a key member of the KIPP DC team and reports to the Managing Director of Finance. This is an exempt position. S/he will support the day-to-day financial operations of our regional office in the areas of budgeting, financial reporting, and financial analysis. Additionally, s/he will help lead our efforts to build scalable and efficient financial infrastructure and provide exceptional service and support to our schools to ensure the organization's continued financial success.
The ideal candidate for this position will have proven financial analysis, communication, team leadership, analytical thinking, and project management skills. Additionally, s/he will be meticulously organized and detail-oriented with solid independent judgment and decision-making skills.Key Responsibilities:
- Serve as a thought-partner to colleagues on Finance team and across schools and headquarters departments to strengthen financial processes
- Organize, document, and project manage throughout budget process to track progress against team deadlines and goals and strengthen annual financial planning, working alongside organization stakeholders, budget leads, and contributors
- Process and disseminate financial statements and documents to all stakeholders throughout budget and budget vs. actual processes
- Maintain reports, manage administrative programming, and configure workstream flow within budgeting platform, Vena, while strengthening Vena's value proposition to colleagues, ensuring proper access to financial information and ease of use of platform
- Create, manage, streamline, and store documentation of team processes across a variety of systems and platforms
- Facilitate the monthly budget vs. actual process, gathering data, performing analysis, and coordinating follow-up communication and adjustments with Instructional, Operations, and Accounting teams
- Load and process expense data and adjustments into Vena throughout fiscal year
- Execute on a wide array of financial reporting concerning KIPP DC's financial position to a variety of internal and external constituents, including investors, the Finance Committee, lenders, and other oversight authorities
- Track and monitor existing real estate portfolio, ensuring financial health and sustainability through appropriate accounting practices and compliance with lease and rent obligations
- Map and evaluate current KIPP DC financial systems, workflow, and processes to create transparency, share knowledge, and make strategic recommendations on process improvements and efficiencies
- Foster KIPP DC's sustainability mission through support of double bottom line projects and initiatives involving solar, LEDs, and other energy efficiencies while improving processes around tracking, benchmarking, goal setting, and planning around the broader sustainability mission
- Handle ad hoc financial analysis, modeling, and reporting related to spending, budgets, network-wide analysis, forecasting, growth planning, compensation, purchasing decisions, real estate, etc.
- Assist with the annual audit, as requested
- Perform other assignments and projects as assigned
- Serve as a full-time and engaged member of KIPP DC's staff
Additional InformationTo Apply
- Bachelor's degree required (in accounting or finance preferred)
- 2 to 4 years related experience,
- Mastery of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint required, experience with financial reporting systems preferred
- Knowledge of and comfort with large complex financial data
- Command of organizational financial and operational metrics, and an understanding of KIPP DC capital structure, stresses, and requirements
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, non-profit environment
- Experience working collaboratively in a team-based environment
- Excellent written, oral, and people skills, with particular skill in navigating diverse levels of financial technical proficiency
- Commitment to KIPP DC's mission and strength in the key competencies of accountability, driving results, initiative and self-management, professionalism, tenacity, and teamwork and building relationships
- Experience with schools, school budgets, or school networks, preferred
Please submit an online application (including cover letter and resume)
through our website at http://www.kippdc.org/careers. If you have any questions, please direct them to our recruitment team via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants are encouraged to apply early as the start date for this position is immediate. Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
KIPP DC Public Schools does not discriminate against, or tolerate discrimination against, employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis or protected class including, but not limited to, actual or perceived race, color, national origin, immigration status (except as necessary to comply with federal, DC, state, or local law), religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or expression), marital status (including domestic partnership status), genetic information, political affiliation, pregnancy, family responsibilities, personal appearance, veteran status, uniform service member status, status of being unemployed, status of victim a survivor of domestic violence, sexual offense or stalking, matriculation or any other protected class under federal, state, DC, or local law.
Click here or here to review KIPP DC's non-discrimination policy and KIPP DC's Title IX Coordinator's contact information.KIPP DC requires all staff to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or obtain an approval for exemption due to medical or religious reasons by November 1, 2021 or start of employment, whichever is later.